Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Man blows up part of house while chasing fly

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54051423

A man has blown up part of his house in France while trying to swat a fly.
The man, who is in his 80s, was about to tuck into his dinner when he became irritated by a fly buzzing around him.
He picked up an electric racket designed to kill bugs and start swatting at it - but a gas canister was leaking in his Dordogne home.

We've all done it!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I assume the flying debris knocked someone off their bike? As I understand it you only have concern for stories that result in harm to cyclists. :whistle::wink:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I assume the flying debris knocked someone off their bike? As I understand it you only have concern for stories that result in harm to cyclists. :whistle::wink:
The fella is a Frenchie, I naturally assumed he was a cyclist too.

Obviously you're right had he just been a civilian I wouldn't have bothered trying to brighten up other posters day.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
EfaNFbhXYAEgCm3.jpg

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

The man, who is in his 80s, was about to tuck into his dinner when he became irritated by a fly buzzing around him.
He picked up an electric racket designed to kill bugs and start swatting at it - but a gas canister was leaking in his Dordogne home.

We've all done it!!

Does the BBC have the same editor as the Sun or Daily Star???
I'd forgotten what a fly looked like :facepalm:

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk

We've all done it!!

:lolol:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Should have just put a standing order in with Pets at Home. Spider, Bird, Cat, Dog, Goat, Cow and Horse. Would probably end badly though.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
In the village down the road from me an old guy brought his gas bottles inside on a very cold night and warmed them by his fire. Not sure exactly what he was hoping to achieve. Two years later the house is still rubble but I think his three neighbours have finally moved back in to their repaired houses.

Jul 7, 2003
Should have just put a standing order in with Pets at Home. Spider, Bird, Cat, Dog, Goat, Cow and Horse. Would probably end badly though.

He was protecting his wife from such a potentially dramatic death.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here