Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Observer - fans’ predictions

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patron
May 30, 2014
Worthing
In yesterday’s Observer, a fan from each one of the Premier league’s teams was asked to predict which teams would be relegated.

Supporters from 5 teams (Aston Vile, Burnley, CraPFC, Leeds and Spurs) Said we will be relegated

Supporters from 7 (All different to the above) said CraPFC will be dropping down (us, CFC, Everton, Fulham, both Mancs and West Ham, if you are interested).

Fulham and/or WBA Appear in all.

8 reckon Vile will go, 3 for NUFC and 1 each for Southampton, Leeds and West Ham.

Quite what to make of this - I’m not sure, looks like we are the 5th favourites to go. Bit of a surprise that Leeds are not considered more.

Anyway, just thought it may be of some interest

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
We're not that popular with neutrals. Our live games are always super dull.
Good to be underdogs.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
In yesterday’s Observer, a fan from each one of the Premier league’s teams was asked to predict which teams would be relegated.

Supporters from 5 teams (Aston Vile, Burnley, CraPFC, Leeds and Spurs) Said we will be relegated

Supporters from 7 (All different to the above) said CraPFC will be dropping down (us, CFC, Everton, Fulham, both Mancs and West Ham, if you are interested).

8 reckon Vile will go, 3 for NUFC and 1 each for Southampton, Leeds and West Ham.

Quite what to make of this - I’m not sure, looks like we are the 5th favourites to go. Bit of a surprise that Leeds are not considered more.

I am sure Liverpool, City, Utd and Chelsea are all looking nervously over their collective shoulders now that the mighty Leeds are back.

One of them is sure to miss out on a Champions League place as a result............................

Not really :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Fans know **** all, just browse NSC if you have any doubts :wink:

SAC

May 21, 2014
West Brom fan predicts relegation for his own club. Proper pessimistic football fan!

Brighton fan thinks Arsenal will finish top. What the actual feck?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I haven't been more confident of us staying up this season than any other since we've joined the Prem.

I think a lot of people just don't have a clue what's been happening with us and the fantastic work our board and manager have been putting in. I also notice that a lot of people around the country seem to think Brighton & Hove is just a little seaside town similar to Blackpool. It shocked me when I actually went to Blackpool to see the huge difference in the two places.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Ironically, if you had asked 'Which teams' fans don't have a ****ing clue what they are on about at the best of times?' then those would be some of the popular choices.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

who cares, makes zero difference and its impossible to even properly predict until the window closes

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Not too much of a surprise a lot of neutrals want us to go down. Three years in the prem and two of those playing some pretty appalling football for the average viewer. I think a lot of fans like how we are run but can't blame them for not wanting to watch that shite every time they play us.

Last season I'm sure we changed a few minds and will continue to do so.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
We're not that popular with neutrals. Our live games are always super dull.
Good to be underdogs.

I wouldn't call Burnley, Leeds or Palace neutral - all of them have a beef with Brighton for one thing or another

And Spurs are probably still smarting from that 3-0 pasting last year :lolol:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
You'd think Spurs would be more grateful after the laughs we've given them with our annual beating of Arsenal and subsequent meltdowns.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
I think there's reason for some optimism for us but I also accept that a lot of our optimism is based on the hope that some of our young players can and will "step up" this year. In reality no one knows if Bissouma, Mac Allister, White, Lamptey, Connolly, Alzate, Molumby et al can become established regulars putting in good performances for 30-plus games a season because, for a variety of reasons, none of them have really had the chance yet. My guess is that some will flourish and others will not but having so many inexperienced players on the squad could be the reason why "outsiders" look at us as relegation favourites.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It'll be a tough league this season. WBA and Fulham will inevitably be considered as struggling. But anywhere from tenth down is realistically up for grabs. I wouldn't be shocked to see us fill any of those places.

Thinking about it, that makes it a normal season for those south of the elite divide.

Jul 7, 2003
They had a question about the return to watching football. Can't remember who it was but one of the fans made a comment along the lines of "having seen photos of the crowd from the Brighton v Chelsea game, it reminded me of going to games v Reading at the Madjeski" which I thought was harsh but fair.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here