Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Greenwood and foden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Southgate will forgive them and play them no doubt being the wet lettuce that he is

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Pathetic if you ask me. They know what responsibility comes with being a footballer, especially an England footballer. The media are going to be all over this. What annoys me is the fact that it's not innocently breaking the rules, all summer we have heard about footballers breaking rules and they still disrespect the team and manager like this.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Firstly, Icelandic women are hot so i totally get the temptation. But, buck stops at Southgate here IMHO. We've got him defending the behaviour of Maguire, overseeing a game with a wreckless red card, a player stomping on the penalty spot and our two best young players picking up birds and inviting them to their room?! WTF?
Doesn't bode well really does it?
He's bound to say 'they're good lads, they're young lads' etc.
We also play shit football.

EDIT: Actually what the **** is wrong with footballers?! They've just had their summer holidays!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Firstly, Icelandic women are hot so i totally get the temptation. But, buck stops at Southgate here IMHO. We've got him defending the behaviour of Maguire, overseeing a game with a wreckless red card, a player stomping on the penalty spot and our two best young players out picking up birds.

This.

Also he's a big-nosed twit (the manager, I mean).

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Back in the day the management would have hammered them for breaking curfew for a couple of pints - but this is ridiculous. Can’t they keep it in their trousers for a few days whilst on international duty? Kids today eh?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I was camping with my son and his mates at the weekend, completely missed all of this . . .what a result that was!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Firstly, Icelandic women are hot so i totally get the temptation. But, buck stops at Southgate here IMHO. We've got him defending the behaviour of Maguire, overseeing a game with a wreckless red card, a player stomping on the penalty spot and our two best young players out picking up birds.

He is coming across more and more of a yes man, I was willing to give Southgate time and see what direction he would take the team.
However as usual we are stagnant on the pitch and seem completely devoid of ideas on how to break mediocre teams down.
Same old, same old England sparkling talent, with no ambition or final product flatter to deceive every bloody tournament, he should have motivated the team in Semis and really blew it, Kane should not have started, he should have been brought on later in that game, which just proves he is a yes man, frightened to upset the apple cart....

boring

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Their first call-ups to the senior squad, and they go and do that. What a couple of prannets.

Footballers - absolute shit for brains.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Their first call-ups to the senior squad, and they go and do that. What a couple of prannets.

Footballers - absolute shit for brains.

Still, their PR people will be laying the groundwork as we speak. Soft interview with Dan Roan, carefully worded (tho not by them) contriteness on social media. Straight out of the Slabhead Maguire / Kyle Walker / Jack Grealish playbook

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
He is coming across more and more of a yes man, I was willing to give Southgate time and see what direction he would take the team.
However as usual we are stagnant on the pitch and seem completely devoid of ideas on how to break mediocre teams down.
Same old, same old England sparkling talent, with no ambition or final product flatter to deceive every bloody tournament, he should have motivated the team in Semis and really blew it, Kane should not have started, he should have been brought on later in that game, which just proves he is a yes man, frightened to upset the apple cart....

boring

I don’t have an issue with you not liking Southgate but get your facts right. Last calendar year we scored more international goals than in our entire history (equal with 1908). Mostly against mediocre teams we needed to break down. So you are talking total nonsense on that front.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Very harsh criticism of young men with more cash than they know what to do with and more self confidence than they can handle. They'll make mistakes and they'll grow up when they have to face the criticism. It's always the same with young players breaking into the team, inevitably they do something silly and then learn from the consequences. It didn't do David Beckham any harm and Wayne Rooney's granny fetish was quickly stale news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here