Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Would you like the main Covid 19 thread back on the main Big Board?

Would you like the main Covid 19 thread back on the main Big Board?

• Yes

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • No

Votes: 44 62.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
NOT a thread for discussion of Covid 19, lockdown etc

Very simply seeing if the majority of NSC want to see the main CV19 thread back on the Big Board. A simple yes/no will do.

BTW nothing is binding, the ultimate decision is always Bozza's

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I think bring it back.

It will keep the Good news thread on topic. The main thread is a bit of a ghost town these days but looking at the poll results it's probably a moot point :lolol:

I think its a ghost town because people don't want to think about it, whereas they will eat up all good news about it. People are still scared, rightly or wrongly, that's why I believe it belongs on its own

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I'd rather the "I left at half time "thread become a sticky to serve as a warning to others .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No.

It would in no way be cerebral discussion on the pandemic, the resurgence in other countries, vacines, the latest science.

Instead just yet another thread where the same old suspects relentlessly post against the UK government, countered by the same old suspects bickering with them. The tone; spiteful, childish, retalitory.

Very much meeting this famous definition:

“either likely to turn toxic or have turned toxic. Typically these threads are politically-focused and involve a small group of people getting angry with each other, whilst absolutely no-one will attempt to see the other side, nor change their perspective”.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Sometimes when I am on here I forget about Covid-19.

Would love to keep it that way.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think bring it back.

It will keep the Good news thread on topic. The main thread is a bit of a ghost town these days but looking at the poll results it's probably a moot point :lolol:

Looking at the total number voting I genuinely think most don't give a shit.

For me that's an indicator to keep the status quo.

I think covid and the general surreal arsehattery that has been 2020 are easily sought out and hard escaped. When the footy starts I want to be moaning about that and not whether Joan down the road wore a mask to Tesco.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
“either likely to turn toxic or have turned toxic. Typically these threads are politically-focused and involve a small group of people getting angry with each other, whilst absolutely no-one will attempt to see the other side, nor change their perspective”.

Very much this. Like the B****t thread.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I don't mind the main Covid Thread back on just so people leave the Good News Thread alone but I don't want loads of different ones taking over

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here