Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Djokovic Kicked Out

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There's no way he meant that.

But I guess its karma for his own personal dipshit Covid competition / party he hosted with no active protocols in place, and hey-ho - caught Covid himself (amongst several other competitors). Bit of a bell.

Derbyshire Seagull

Oct 21, 2005
he had already hit the ball in anger a bit earlier.

He apparently said during the chat with the referee .....

She doesn't have to go to the hospital for this." -Djokovic trying to downplay the effects of hitting the lineswoman, saying she wasn't seriously injured.

Djokovic continuining:

"You're going to choose a default in this situation? My career, grand slam, center stage"

He deserves what he gets for this and whether it was intentional is irrelevant.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It's hard to tell for sure, it does look like the judge makes a meal of it.

She will be counting the dollars from the lawsuit.

She went down easier than Grealish does, which is really saying something. No doubt already complaining of dizziness, loss of memory, pain and now has a fear of tennis balls so will have to give up her job. $10m should settle the claim.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I remember Henman getting disqualified for hitting a ball boy, albeit not intentional

rules are rules

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I remember Henman getting disqualified for hitting a ball boy, albeit not intentional

rules are rules

Gonna go out on a limb here as I really was a kid and I don’t want to cheat and look but I think it was a ball GIRL and he was playing doubles with Jeremy Bates and very young lad himself...!?

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Huge overreaction and he clearly didn’t mean to do it. However IF that is the rule then his fault for not thinking what could happen. He was perhaps just unlucky. I do think he comes over as more arrogant than the other two greats of the modern era and personally view him as behind them both in GOAT considerations. I’m not sure you can compare with players from a completely different era such as Rocket Rod because the game has changed so much

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
She will be counting the dollars from the lawsuit.

She went down easier than Grealish does, which is really saying something. No doubt already complaining of dizziness, loss of memory, pain and now has a fear of tennis balls so will have to give up her job. $10m should settle the claim.

Dawg wtf

The ref (or whatever its called in tennis) being a bit aspergian in his rule interpretation is one thing and I agree he could have let it go, but even a certainly strong manly man like you would probably have got hurt and/or shocked if Djokovic smashed a ball, with some decent force, on your throat while you were unprepared.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
At least she’ll be able to tell her grandkids about the day Djokovic’s balls were bouncing off her chin.

What?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Ref making headlines never a good thing. He’s an idiot for making that ruling.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Dawg wtf

The ref (or whatever its called in tennis) being a bit aspergian in his rule interpretation is one thing and I agree he could have let it go, but even a certainly strong manly man like you would probably have got hurt and/or shocked if Djokovic smashed a ball, with some decent force, on your throat while you were unprepared.

It was hardly a smash and there was no appreciable force. Hit in the throat, though, is always going to be nasty. But it is irrelevant how he hit her, the rules said he had to go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here