Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] League Cup

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Shame we won’t be allowed to go.

I hope we put out something that can at least be called a men’s first team this time.

Don’t fancy getting embarrassed by Portsmouth.

Good chance of it being on TV, maybe?

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Win that and we get Derby or Preston.

Not a bad chance of getting to Round 4!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006

I hope we put out something that can at least be called a men’s first team this time.

No chance of either of those I’m afraid. Squad will be similar to the one which will play Tuesday this week in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy thing.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter

Won’t be many of the 1st team I’d imagine with Chelsea on the 14th and Newcastle on 20th

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
No chance of either of those I’m afraid. Squad will be similar to the one which will play Tuesday this week in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy thing.

One can hope.

I definitely don’t expect 1st team starters to play, but surely it won’t be out of the question to expect some sort of a ‘2nd string’ team with a few U-23’s chucked in.

Good for match fitness, the players will be begging for match time.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
If we put a team out like did last year, we'll be out in round 2. Good opportunity for us to progress, but Potter not interested based on last season.

I know a lot of people disagree, but I think that is a very bad way to go about it.

It’s 1 of 2 competitions that we might actually have a (small) chance of winning or at least getting to the final. That’s what it’s all about for me.

Our squad is good enough to have decent cup runs, especially if we’ve got 2 lower league teams coming up.

I’ve been to every League Cup game at The Amex and we normally end up getting embarrassed, so it always seems like a bit of a kick in the teeth to the fans who’ve turned up.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can we please actually try to win the League Cup for once - or at least make a serious attempt to get as far as possible?

I wouldn't say no to winning the JPT (if that's what it's called) either.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
One can hope.

I definitely don’t expect 1st team starters to play, but surely it won’t be out of the question to expect some sort of a ‘2nd string’ team with a few U-23’s chucked in.

Good for match fitness, the players will be begging for match time.

You mean a few U23's with a few U18's chucked in more like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here