Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Unpopular opinion

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Is there something specific you would like to share.

Your post is somewhat wishy washy.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

nickjhs

NSC Patreon
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Wtf is it with people that they can’t state their thoughts and stick with them?

Opinions should not be treated as facts. I admire people who can change their opinions when faced with new evidence/thought processes. I do however get annoyed if they are not intellectually honest about the fact they have changed their stance.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Wtf is it with people that they can’t state their thoughts and stick with them? I didn’t go on twitter much until this transfer window and I wish I never went on it. So much absolute gutless wishywashy shite

People generally have a greater desire to be popular than to be honest.

If what is considered a good thought in the group they want to belong to changes, they will change as well. Its how it works, its how it always worked. More of it now though - there is no room for disagreements. The Youtube brains of today wont accept nuance or different views, its either in or out. So you are a leftist in all senses but you dislike the EU? Out. Dead. So you are a right wing person but you want regulated markets: out. Dead. No debate. No reasoning. Just noise.

As intended.

Decades of useless oratory pollution enhanced with digital psychosodomy. It wont get better.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

If what is considered a good thought in the group they want to belong to changes, they will change as well. Its how it works, its how it always worked. More of it now though - there is no room for disagreements. The Youtube brains of today wont accept nuance or different views, its either in or out. So you are a leftist in all senses but you dislike the EU? Out. Dead. So you are a right wing person but you want regulated markets: out. Dead. No debate. No reasoning. Just noise.

As intended.

Decades of useless oratory pollution enhanced with digital psychosodomy. It wont get better.

There’s definitely a herd mentality of seeing which way the wind blows on a forum and almost everyone it seems jumping in with a similar view. Enhanced with self gratulation all round. Not just politics or CV19, but football and everything else.

Leading many others who oppose that view to simply keep quiet, for a quiet life.

Being an awkward sod, I very often admire the others who say what they’re really thinking, even if it’s met by derision from the herd.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Opinions should not be treated as facts. I admire people who can change their opinions when faced with new evidence/thought processes. I do however get annoyed if they are not intellectually honest about the fact they have changed their stance.

Quite right
My main annoyance is that folk try to cover all bases in one tweet

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Quite right
My main annoyance is that folk try to cover all bases in one tweet

Think you are totally wrong as twitter is a brilliant mixing pot of ideas but full of dangerous opinions passed off as truths, so I agree with you, it's terrible and should be shut down.

(how's that?)

el punal

One of the most entertaining months has been reading Leeds fans contribution of comments on Twitter and Waccoe over the Ben White saga. The vast majority being opinionated bollocks, as with most tweets, but still car crash reading to pass the time of day. The important thing is to never take Twitter seriously. :drink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

As intended.

I disagree.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There’s definitely a herd mentality of seeing which way the wind blows on a forum and almost everyone it seems jumping in with a similar view. Enhanced with self gratulation all round. Not just politics or CV19, but football and everything else.

Leading many others who oppose that view to simply keep quiet, for a quiet life.

Being an awkward sod, I very often admire the others who say what they’re really thinking, even if it’s met by derision from the herd.

In seriousness....the only social media I use is NSC and I find it quite easy to sort the wheat from the chavs.

If someone on here or in real life starts whatabouting or giving disproportionate credence to foolishness I may call them out, I may ignore them or, if they are serial offenders I'll likely block them forever (I do this in real life, not just on NSC). It depends on whether it seems worthwhile or not to engage. I have unblocked Das Reich for the time being but there is absolutely no point engaging with him. If I want a one way conversation I can talk to the cat. Mind you I do occasionally talk to the cat.

Also, I think NSC is a very good place where good sense and kindness seem to win in the long run, and quite often in the short run.

I like people to say what they think, too, provided there is a bit of thinking prior to the saying. Stuff like a recent thread on here that got the OP a month's ban (I won't repeat the thread title) deserves and generally gets pelters. All seems well.

Also I don't think anything is getting worse. We have more forums, people have greater access, people seem more emboldened to share their sometimes frankly ludicrous 'ideas' but with time more people will come to realise how to work out what are good ideas and what are not. It is all a bit messy at the moment but I can see in 15 or 20 years, with better curation and fact checking, humans will be heading towards a hive mind in many respects. I can't see all that dithering over whether face masks are useful or not happening again even in 2 years time. Who knows, even the English may begin to develop a more German or Japanese sense of social responsibility and swiftness of action?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In seriousness....the only social media I use is NSC and I find it quite easy to sort the wheat from the chavs.

If someone on here or in real life starts whatabouting or giving disproportionate credence to foolishness I may call them out, I may ignore them or, if they are serial offenders I'll likely block them forever (I do this in real life, not just on NSC). It depends on whether it seems worthwhile or not to engage. I have unblocked Das Reich for the time being but there is absolutely no point engaging with him. If I want a one way conversation I can talk to the cat. Mind you I do occasionally talk to the cat.

Also, I think NSC is a very good place where good sense and kindness seem to win in the long run, and quite often in the short run.

I like people to say what they think, too, provided there is a bit of thinking prior to the saying. Stuff like a recent thread on here that got the OP a month's ban (I won't repeat the thread title) deserves and generally gets pelters. All seems well.

Also I don't think anything is getting worse. We have more forums, people have greater access, people seem more emboldened to share their sometimes frankly ludicrous 'ideas' but with time more people will come to realise how to work out what are good ideas and what are not. It is all a bit messy at the moment but I can see in 15 or 20 years, with better curation and fact checking, humans will be heading towards a hive mind in many respects. I can't see all that dithering over whether face masks are useful or not happening again even in 2 years time. Who knows, even the English may begin to develop a more German or Japanese sense of social responsibility and swiftness of action?

The only other social media accounts I have are Facebook (opened 15 years ago, as I have relatives who don’t live in Brighton ... in recent times I log in about once a year) and Twitter (opened many years ago, I’ve never tweeted and I last logged in years back). Facebook was full of ‘friends’ or friends of friends boasting about their contrived lifestyle or boasting about their kids achievements, living their lives through their worshiped beloveds. None of whom understood less is more. Also family and associates relentlessly plugging right and left wing politics .... so dull.

My liking of NSC mavericks never extends to anyone promoting bullsh*t such as Icke, untested CV19 cures, 5G and CV19, racism, cruelty or Trump/Putin lickers. But I do like it how [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] allows a wide array of political views, as long as the posters keep it legal and don’t troll.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

The ones who never change their mind but reiterate their opinion as FACT!
:facepalm:

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
We should always try to do well in the cups, and that means not putting out a squad of U-23’s with a couple of bench players.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here