Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Veltman and Lamptey

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Who do we think we'll see at right back first game of the season? At the end of last year we would have all penciled in Lamptey as our starting RB, and I think many still do, but the signing of Veltman throws it all up in the air. He was in the starting XI for the Chelsea friendly and doesn't look like a player to be on the bench. Assuming that White Webster Dunk will be the centrebacks, is it as simple as 4 at the back it will be Veltman, 5 at the back it will be Lamptey? Will they be rotating, so we don't burn out Lamptey at a young age? Or will injury, suspension and form make all this moot, perhaps with Veltman consistently on the right of a CB three and Lamptey on the right.

I really don't know, nor have much of an inkling....

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I’m not even going to attempt to predict anything. Expecting both to be rotated. Lamptey on paper appears to be more suited for a RWB role if we play with wing backs.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Lamptey

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Absolutely no idea. Wouldnt be shocked to see both.

Ryan - March, Webster, Dunk, White, Veltman - Bissouma, Lallana, Pröpper - Trossard, Maupay, Lamptey... maybe?

Edit: Too many footballers. Maybe we can make a deal with Chelsea, they can start 12 as well?

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
It's a tough one.

Lamptey will certainly want to prove a point to Chelsea.
I think he'll have one hell of a game.

Veltman has so much experience and was Ajax captain (insane!) but is still a bit of a unknown quantity at Brighton, in Potter's system(s), for now.
Having said that he's going to be so up for it. His first Premier League match. Something he's desired for so long.

Wish we had this same problem on the left!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Veltman. Lamptey to have a role as impact sub for now

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
No bloody idea. Under Hughton 3 of us could guess the line up straight away.

Under Potter none of us has got one team sheet correct.

Now with new players and not having seen them play yet personally I think its impossible to guess and must be a nightmare for opposition managers.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Who do we think we'll see at right back first game of the season? At the end of last year we would have all penciled in Lamptey as our starting RB, and I think many still do, but the signing of Veltman throws it all up in the air. He was in the starting XI for the Chelsea friendly and doesn't look like a player to be on the bench. Assuming that White Webster Dunk will be the centrebacks, is it as simple as 4 at the back it will be Veltman, 5 at the back it will be Lamptey? Will they be rotating, so we don't burn out Lamptey at a young age? Or will injury, suspension and form make all this moot, perhaps with Veltman consistently on the right of a CB three and Lamptey on the right.

I really don't know, nor have much of an inkling....

I'm guessing the reason Veltman started last weekend is because he is away on International duty this weekend.
At the time it wasn't known that Lamptey would be away as well.

So I don't think we can read anything into last week's starting eleven.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'm guessing the reason Veltman started last weekend is because he is away on International duty this weekend.
At the time it wasn't known that Lamptey would be away as well.

So I don't think we can read anything into last week's starting eleven.

Veltman also didnt play any games from March onwards as far as I know.. probably needs game time more than Lamptey does.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My guess is Lamptey home Veltman away.

Then subbed depending on whether the scoreline needs protecting or attacking.

Nice options to have..

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's Lamptey's shirt to lose, he's shown all the right qualities in his short time here, form which has been validated by his well-deserved U21 call-up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here