Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Predicted Lineup for WBA Friendly

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
As we know it's next to impossible to predict a Potter lineup. Wonder if he'll go with the u23s or something similar to what we'll play in the prem with or a mix of both. Our squad is looking a little thin especially in the forward and wide options.

I'm gonna guess we'll start with a relatively strong lineup then make lots of switches throughout the game again.

3-4-3/ 5-2-3 - Ryan, Veltman, White, Dunk, Burn, March, Propper, Bissouma, Jahanbaksh, Maupay, Gross everybody else available on the bench.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Veltman is with the Dutch national team.

Webster, Alzate or Yippie Yapo (or whatever his name is) would need to play RB.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Veltman, Propper and Jahanbakhsh are on international duty I think?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
With our lack of depth up front I wouldn't risk Maupay. Don't want to chance anything before the big K.O especially as it looks like we won't have a new striker in place for the start of the season (especially if they come from abroad and have to quarantine).

I would play a mix of U23 players including Molumby and Gyokeres together with Lallana who looked a bit off the pace last week and 90 mins won't do him any harm. Would have been good to see Veltman get a whole game too but with him away on international duty that won't happen but maybe give Sanchez another opportunity in goal?

Looking forward to this.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Obviously only a friendly and all that, but this one may be more telling. WBA are the new boys. They ain’t Chelsea.

As an established PL side looking up, you’d like to think we’ll give them a nice bruising welcome and lay a marker of where we’re at.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Propper isn't.

Could've sworn he was announced in the squad. If not, I'm assuming it would be due to the injury that kept him out of the Chelsea game also. Are we sure he's fit now?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Could've sworn he was announced in the squad. If not, I'm assuming it would be due to the injury that kept him out of the Chelsea game also. Are we sure he's fit now?

He was in the preliminary 30 man squad, but not the final 23.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Obviously only a friendly and all that, but this one may be more telling. WBA are the new boys. They ain’t Chelsea.

As an established PL side looking up, you’d like to think we’ll give them a nice bruising welcome and lay a marker of where we’re at.

Exactly, we should be beating #teamslikeWestBrom.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ryan

Yapi
White
Dunk
Webster
March

Bissouma
Lallana
Alzate

MacAllister

Maupay

Subs: Steele, Sanchez, Bernardo, Burn, Stephens, Groß, Izquierdo !, Sanders, U23s

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

He was announced in the training squad then dropped when it was slimmed down to 23. Unsure of his fitness or if that was related to him missing out for Holland.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
With our lack of depth up front I wouldn't risk Maupay. Don't want to chance anything before the big K.O especially as it looks like we won't have a new striker in place for the start of the season (especially if they come from abroad and have to quarantine).

I would play a mix of U23 players including Molumby and Gyokeres...

You wouldn't. They are both away on (senior) international duty.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

The interim Dutch boss, he say No

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
Ryan

White Dunk Webster Burn

Bissouma Propper Alzate

Lallana Maupay McAllister

Sanchez, Roberts, Bernardo, Stephens, Gross, March on at 60

Last edited:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
This is what I'd like to see:

.................... ......... ....Ryan.................... ...

Lamptey.....Webster....Dunk.....White.......March

................. Propper... Bissouma ... Alzate.......

............................. Trossard...................

.............................. Maupay....................

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I think Trossard will feature in a more central attacking role, and I think we're lining this up as a fall back option.

I think Webby will go to right back

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here