Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March - sings new contract June 2024

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Unfortunately we always need a fairly young, English player to pick on. See Barnes , Cox etc

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Confidence is what Solly lacks most of all, his head goes down far too often, someone needs to put an arm around him and tell him that he CAN beat that defender and cross a ball.

He may well still look like a little boy, but he is a man now, and needs to show it.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
He’s got every ingredient needed to make the LWB role his own apart from consistency and dare I say the self confidence to grab it.
Seeing as he has always been marketed as an attacking wide man, with the role of delivering 'ammo' for the strikers.... I will say that he has not lived up to the billing. If you are saying he is better as a defensive wide man, then yes, he is marginally value for money.... although asking him to head the ball is definitely a step too far for Solly

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
While games are being played behind closed doors, he has the opportunity to gain confidence without the crowd getting on his back, but if he doesn’t do it can see this season being the last with us

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
JFC had great stats

He was shit

I’ll trust my eyes if it’s all the same to you thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You don't rack up those numbers by being inconsistent. If anything it shows how consistent he is.

Think it's fair to say many, like me, have always maintained he's got the talent but lacks the confidence to showcase his skills. I find him frustrating to watch as he has it in him to be so much better. He plays within himself.

Many are of the same opinion, he doesn't get slated often but I'm not sure of the correct motivation needed to get him up to it. I know someone who's son went to school with him and they remain very good friends. He has said he is very much the same away from football, not being overly confident. Perhaps it's in his dna and nothing will change it. That would be a great shame.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
With the way we play we don’t really utilise crosses that much, and when we do we don’t use the sort of strikers who thrive on crosses. March has the ability to cross the ball but unless we get a little and large partnership up front or a tall bustling centre forward, he won’t get much chance to either improve or get game time.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
If he's like me, he can cross accurately, consistently, any time he wants . . . . . . And has all the confidence in the world . . . . But not necessarily doing both things at the same time . . . . I'm naturally confident, but every now and then just get put on the spot and have a bit of a brain freeze. it's never important things, just daft stuff, like getting a grilling from the wife about buying guitars . . . . Maybe Solly has a similar affliction . .

Or maybe, like me, he just isn't good enough at football.

Hopefully he's not a bass player on the side.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I think all those stats show is what we already know, he is a very useful utility player who can come in and do a decent job when we need him to.

My frustration with March is I always hoped he had more potential than being the bit part player but truth be told he has never fully kicked on and convinced the managers we have had to make him a regular and consistent starter and performer for us.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I think all those stats show is what we already know, he is a very useful utility player who can come in and do a decent job when we need him to.

My frustration with March is I always hoped he had more potential than being the bit part player but truth be told he has never fully kicked on and convinced the managers we have had to make him a regular and consistent starter and performer for us.

Spot on, and I think the sensible majority agree.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Not just fans that assess March as being frustrating and low on confidence. Remember Muzz saying same in Argus. Said he was one of the best technically in training but struggled to reproduce on match day.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think he is great. Especially perfect for the left wing back position when we play 3 centre halves.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I think we all believe that there's a good player in there somewhere, because we have seen evidence of it - that stunning goal in the friendly against Norwich, the game-turning substitute appearance at Birmingham, that low cross for Muzza's brilliant flicked goal against Manchester United. But we haven't seen it often enough.

Don't forget, though, that he had a bad injury (ruptured ACL) in 2015 and that has to be at the back of a player's mind. Perhaps he needs to have a DVD of his greatest moments played to him over and over again to remind himself what he is capable of.

He’ll do for me, not on the list of players I worry about when I see on the team sheet

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
[tweet]1301520054459170817[/tweet]

He’s not as bad as the boo boys think

Some great and detailed information in there. Very illuminating.

(Will be roundly ignored by many. As the saying goes, there are none so blind, as those who will not see)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here