Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our Irish lads playing tonight

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Was just wondering which game to tune into. Thats decided it, ta.

Bulgaria are complete and utter DOGSHIT. RoI should have this.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm getting a sense of de ja vu . . .3 Irish Internationals, playing in the top flight, we even have a dominant defender with a token England cap.

I wonder what the odds on losing cup finalists and relegation are.

All we need is a dodgy 80's kit for the season . . . Oh.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
F*ck sake Connolly. You have GOT to do better than that.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What happened?

Robbed the rightback, in on goal, cut inside, blasted wide of the far post from 10 yards - neither cross nor shot. Hot-headed.

I'm not saying it was a gimmie, but you've at least got to work the keeper or lay it off, but he did neither.

Connolly was very wide on the angle, he had to blast it to have any chance of making it hard for the goalie

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Robbed the rightback, in on goal, cut inside, blasted wide of the far post from 10 yards - neither cross nor shot. Hot-headed.

I'm not saying it was a gimmie, but you've at least got to work the keeper or lay it off, but he did neither.

Made the chance himself, fluffed the chance himself. Fair enough, I say. That angle was similar to where he scored from v Burnley and Andone did against Palace.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

As McCarthy said 'they haven't even played a league match yet. They are rusty.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Connolly was very wide on the angle, he had to blast it to have any chance of making it hard for the goalie

Not a dissimilar chance angle-wise to the one he tucked away so well at Burnley. He proper spaffed this one up though unfortunately.

I appreciate inconsistency is all part of the development when you're playing youngsters, but we can't really afford another 6-7 month goal drought from what is (currently) one of our 2 strikers at the club. Hopefully this is all in hand and come the end of the window we won't be overly reliant just on NP and AC. There's talent there, but he's still very raw.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Made the chance himself, fluffed the chance himself. Fair enough, I say. That angle was similar to where he scored from v Burnley and Andone did against Palace.

Aye, that occurred as you've pointed out. Sharpness early season is a factor of course (albeit its been the briefest of breaks), but we can't afford to carry inexperience all season. He did ok last year and he offers more than goals, but we were a wee too reliant on him last season for my liking. My sheets will dry out a bit once we land some quality experienced strikeage in the squad to bolster the options.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here