Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lineker Lodge

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
https://news.sky.com/story/gary-lin...elcome-a-refugee-to-live-in-his-home-12062112

Maybe we all should?

lin.JPG

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Fair play to him.
Normally criticized for his Twitter interventions etc.....
Setting a presidence for all the rich spoilt b@stards :thumbsup:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Will mean the anonymous social media trolls will move onto his tax affairs or something else now. Sad ****ers

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Yep. Can't wait to see what all the people who get outraged at him having opinions they don't like will find next as a reason to try and claim his opinion doesn't matter.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yep. Can't wait to see what all the people who get outraged at him having opinions they don't like will find next as a reason to try and claim his opinion doesn't matter.
Exactly. Lineker speaks the truth and the boorish ignoramuses don't like that much. Here he is with actions not words, you can bet the trolls don't respect him for it.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Producer: "Gary, I appreciate you wanted to bring along your new house-mate to the studios to see what you do on MoTD but we can't let him on the set looking like that. Plus nobody can understand a word he says."

Lineker: "That's Robbie Savage."

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Is it Percy Tau?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Fair play to him.
Normally criticized for his Twitter interventions etc.....
Setting a presidence for all the rich spoilt b@stards :thumbsup:

Yep, I with you Sir AR, generally he’s irritating. Occasionally a force for good.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Are those divs that got so angry with Lineker still boycotting Walkers crisps?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
He’s only doing it because he constantly bleats on about how refugees should be let in, so half of twitter said why doesn’t he put his ‘money where his mouth is’ so to speak, he makes like 3 million a year alone from BBC doesn’t he? Surely he could quite easily just pay for accommodation and other issues they face.

Seems like a publicity stunt to me, I know the migrant/refugee issue is a controversial and difficult one, and I myself am torn between believing these people need and deserve help and the unfortunate fact that if you allow a few, where do you draw the line? Lineker should stick to shitting on the floor :lolol:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Producer: "Gary, I appreciate you wanted to bring along your new house-mate to the studios to see what you do on MoTD but we can't let him on the set looking like that. Plus nobody can understand a word he says."

Lineker: "That's Robbie Savage."

They are ALL savages. :hilton:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Are those divs that got so angry with Lineker still boycotting Walkers crisps?

Pepsico (walkers) own 18 of the top selling crisp/snack brands. You’ve got to stop eating crisps per say really to avoid filling their coffers.

I’m on Day 3 :) (diet!)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
He’s only doing it because he constantly bleats on about how refugees should be let in, so half of twitter said why doesn’t he put his ‘money where his mouth is’ so to speak, he makes like 3 million a year alone from BBC doesn’t he? Surely he could quite easily just pay for accommodation and other issues they face.

Seems like a publicity stunt to me, I know the migrant/refugee issue is a controversial and difficult one, and I myself am torn between believing these people need and deserve help and the unfortunate fact that if you allow a few, where do you draw the line? Lineker should stick to shitting on the floor :lolol:

Bit harsh. But case to be argued it’s backfired in so far as it shows how out of touch rich liberal elite are with the mainstream perhaps by doing this. Trouble is, he needs to find room for 700+ per week (PER WEEK!) to make a difference. Good luck with that Gary!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Bit harsh. But case to be argued it’s backfired in so far as it shows how out of touch rich liberal elite are with the mainstream perhaps by doing this. Trouble is, he needs to find room for 700+ per week (PER WEEK!) to make a difference. Good luck with that Gary!
Even if those figures are correct, it's really not that many is it.

People getting their knickers in a twist over a few hundred desperate people trying to save their lives. Why?

Most of them will end up in detention centres as they were sold the lie that the streets here are paved with gold, when they aren't.

The lucky ones who get asylum will receive basically **** all until they manage to get a job. Which is difficult when you're living in a hovel with barely enough money to eat.

My Mrs works at the college here, in admissions. She's sees the reality of these poor ******** lives. Just trying to make a life here and better themselves but with the odds stacked against them.

There are plenty of things to get angry about at the moment. I'd start with the government paying £150m to a dodgy company for PPE which didn't work. That's one hundred and fifty million pounds, pissed up the wall, or rather scammed from the country.

While the Mail and the Sun ramp up hatred against people with nothing, the real criminals are in charge, fleecing us for everything they can get.

Oh and fair play to Gary. At least he's backing up his words with actions. I think he's a decent bloke.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

These people? That’s the problem with lumping them altogether. Some are good and some are bad. Some get settled status and some get deported.

Razan Alsous & her family fled Syria. She was a pharmacist there. When they arrived they had nothing but she realised that people loved cheese and she could make very good haloumi cheese. With a sense of humour she marketed it on a local market stall as Yorkshire Sqeaky Cheese. She now employs 12 people.

Hassan also fled Syria, who had been an English teacher. He now works as a hospital cleaner.
https://metro.co.uk/2020/08/21/syrian-refugee-video-white-cliffs-dover-13158545/

Everyone has a different story. We have to trust the Immigration services to weed out the true refugees, and they will get some wrong, notably the Lebanese refugees whose sons were the Ariana Grande bombers.

Sorry if this comes across as lecturing but it upsets me when they are labelled.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Useful in that it shuts up all those idiots who think they've won the argument when they say 'if you care so much why don't you let someone stay with you eh'

Shame though that such stupid, vacuous, levels of argument are being pandered to.

I don't think reponsible governments around the world generally seek to manage their obligations to people moving across borders (which has always happened, will always happen and has been a key part in the building of human civilizations across history) by asking people to voluntarily put them up in their houses.

The answer of course is to tax people like Lineker properly. And (amongst many other things we need to improve through taxation) pay for a humane, well managed and fair system to cope with the (relatively low) numbers of people that arrive on our shores seeking refuge, security, opportunity, better lives for their families etc.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Useful in that it shuts up all those idiots who think they've won the argument when they say 'if you care so much why don't you let someone stay with you eh'

Shame though that such stupid, vacuous, levels of argument are being pandered to.

I don't think reponsible governments around the world generally seek to manage their obligations to people moving across borders (which has always happened, will always happen and has been a key part in the building of human civilizations across history) by asking people to voluntarily put them up in their houses.

The answer of course is to tax people like Lineker properly. And (amongst many other things we need to improve through taxation) pay for a humane, well managed and fair system to cope with the (relatively low) numbers of people that arrive on our shores seeking refuge, security, opportunity, better lives for their families etc.
Indeed. Although even taxing the super rich properly won't solve anything when the government itself has its grubby hands in the till.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Indeed. Although even taxing the super rich properly won't solve anything when the government itself has its grubby hands in the till.

Any line drawn between 'this government' and the 'super rich' is a very fuzzy one indeed...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here