Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] All creatures great and small/C5.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Did you watch ? It;s subjective but we both watched last night and keep it to that level C5 could well have a T/V hit ? :bigwave:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Expected nothing, got something. Siegfried perfect.

He's played by Samuel West, an excellent actor.

His presence could almost tempt me to watch it (I see Diana Rigg is in it too - that's an added bonus)

Almost is the operative word...

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I enjoyed it.
I thought the actor playing James Herriott was better than Christopher Timothy, and although Samuel West was good as Siegfried, he will never eclipse Robert Hardy.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
He's played by Samuel West, an excellent actor.

His presence could almost tempt me to watch it (I see Diana Rigg is in it too - that's an added bonus)

Almost is the operative word...
I've always liked Samuel West as an actor - I don't think he's necessarily had the credit or prominence that his ability deserves.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I'm waiting for the episode, where James Herriott rescues an injured Honey Badger from Elland Road, after a horrendous tackle from behind, courtesy of a dirty player :D

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Mrs Withdean and I absolutely loved it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've always liked Samuel West as an actor - I don't think he's necessarily had the credit or prominence that his ability deserves.

In the shadow of his parents perhaps.
Or because he does so much theatre work, which isn't so prominent.

I still recall a superb Richard II he did - it was 20 years ago but resonates with me to this day

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
In the shadow of his parents perhaps.
Or because he does so much theatre work, which isn't so prominent.

I still recall a superb Richard II he did - it was 20 years ago but resonates with me to this day

Along similar lines, I did a supurb Richard III earlier that will resonate with me for a long time too.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Used to like a bit of Carol Drinkwater back then, didn't he move on to the OXO lady?

PROD-All-creatures-great-and-small.jpg

She's the sister of Albion target Danny.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Loved the original series at the time, but wouldn't watch repeats now. Normally wouldn't watch a remake either, but after reading this thread I got interested and gave it a go last night - thought it was excellent.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Loved the original series at the time, but wouldn't watch repeats now. Normally wouldn't watch a remake either, but after reading this thread I got interested and gave it a go last night - thought it was excellent.

And me, very enjoyable.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Have been recording this new version so will give it a go.

The original series was great, other than Christopher Timothy who was dreadful not helped by the fact that he had an horrendous car crash during the filming of series 1, so he cannot actually move in many of the inside scenes. Have actually got it all on DVD and it is still very enjoyable as, generally, the casting and acting is excellent. Will be interesting to compare the two, but maybe one shouldn't. There are some classic characters that have stuck with me like Mr Biggins, Granville Bennett and that twit who thought he was a cowboy, so I will see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here