Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] **Strictly 2020 Official Thread**

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
First contestants announced for 2020 Strictly series and it looks like another absolutely stellar line up.

Caroline Quentin was the first name to be announced, followed swiftly by Max George and Jason Bell. Literally in the last half an hour it has been announced that Ranvir Singh, Clara Amfo and Nicola Adams will join them. Nicola Adams will be part of the first same sex couple to dance on Strictly.

:O

Six more contestants due to be announced in the coming days with strong rumours around the likes of Tony Jarrett, Dave Benson Phillips, Moira Stewart and Viv Anderson.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Looking forward to it. The rest of the year I find that if I want to watch some scantily clad eastern European women gyrating around on a Saturday evening I have to enter my credit card details.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Got my bingo card ready for same sex couple addition.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The show has never been the same since Len Goodman left. For me it was a huge error they didn't upgrade Craig to Head Judge and bring in Anton Du Beke as 4th Judge. The banter between them would have been great.

I liked what they had but now it's all going in the same direction as Eurovision - a big, camp love-in.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I liked what they had but now it's all going in the same direction as Eurovision - a big, camp love-in.

You make that sound like a bad thing.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You make that sound like a bad thing.

All I'm saying is I wouldn't want to be on the end of Nicola Adams' fist.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
I'm prepared to be educated on this, but I'm not sure I get the same sex couple thing. The thing is about dancing not about sexuality, and each sex has different roles in a dance pair, regardless of whether they are gay or straight. Not against it in any way, but struggling to understand why this is a positive move forward.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm prepared to be educated on this, but I'm not sure I get the same sex couple thing. The thing is about dancing not about sexuality, and each sex has different roles in a dance pair, regardless of whether they are gay or straight. Not against it in any way, but struggling to understand why this is a positive move forward.

I don’t have the answer but I fear this could be a
EBE5C202-53FA-4D38-874C-EC7B0065C2C4.jpeg

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Go get 'em JBELL! Saw this on his Instagram feed. Normally this type of TV will never feature in the RW house but we're big NFL, Giants and fans of Jason Bell.

Me too.....

Go JBell.......

Osi must be in the audience at least once, hope he doesn't wear gloves!!!!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Bill Bailey the 7th celebrity to be announced.

:shrug:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Used to enjoy watching it with my wife, who is a huge fan, but I have lost interest as it is so samey now.
I reckon they should have taken a year off this year and come back next year with a refreshed format, but I suppose there is too much dosh involved, what with spin-off tours etc.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here