Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Erick Morillo RIP

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
Erick Morillo the troubled house DJ and producer has passed away. Not even 50 years old.
He'd been accused of sexual battery in Miami and was due in court this week.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Absolutely gutted about this. Subliminal at Pacha in Ibiza was an incredible night.

Also remember him DJing at the Honey Club in Brighton which was a road block, felt like a massive name for Brighton. Remember him autographing my mates passport at the time - a week before he was meant to go on holiday

Obviously troubled in recent years and absolutely should have faced trial this week

Erick Morillo the troubled house DJ and producer has passed away. Not even 50 years old.
He'd been accused of sexual battery in Miami and was due in court this week.

Bloody gutted and sad to hear this. He is an absolute house music icon, it is an absolute tragedy that he has passed so early in his time and in probably such horrible circumstances.

He was clearly struggling. :( He has produced and mixed some absolute classic over time. His music will always live on in a positive light. RIP Eric Morillo.

I'm going to add some of his music to my electronic and dance music thread, it'll be good if some others can add into there too.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I saw Reel to reel at a nightclub in Croydon during my youth, when I like to move it came out, dont think Morillo was there, just the mad stuntman, but was rather drunk at the time

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I actually eat dinner on the table next to him in the Pacha restaurant before he did his set. Very sad news. Hope the death isn't what I'm thinking, but he did have a fair few problems going on his world come the end.
RIP Eric. Ibiza will miss you.

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
Wow wasn't expecting to wake up to that. First heard him in Ibiza late 90s but the absolute nuts was up on the roof at Space Miami WMC 2004, that really was friggin wild. Started at 11pm and eventually peeled myself off the dance floor sometime the following afternoon. Thanks for the good times, RIP.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Absolutely gutted about this. Subliminal at Pacha in Ibiza was an incredible night.

Also remember him DJing at the Honey Club in Brighton which was a road block, felt like a massive name for Brighton. Remember him autographing my mates passport at the time - a week before he was meant to go on holiday

Obviously troubled in recent years and absolutely should have faced trial this week

Went to see him at the Honey Club in the summer of 2006. Twas a good night, from what I can remember.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wow wasn't expecting to wake up to that. First heard him in Ibiza late 90s but the absolute nuts was up on the roof at Space Miami WMC 2004, that really was friggin wild. Started at 11pm and eventually peeled myself off the dance floor sometime the following afternoon. Thanks for the good times, RIP.

I went to the WMC the previous year, 2003. It an insane week, with bonkers parties and events.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
punk: Yeah great fun! I was out there for 10 days or so and left so broken I had to take myself straight off to Amsterdam for a week of convalescence.Happy days!

I saw Danny Tenaglia at Space, seem to recall he owned it. David Morales played a theatre; that was good. Best though was the random stuff we got dragged along to....cursory chats with randoms often ended up with invites/being dragged along to pool parties, hotel parties, roof tops etc etc. One party led to another....night, day, and night again.

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
One party led to another....night, day, and night again.
Yeah I think you're right about Danny T, I do seem to remember he was a partner in it or something. Danny Howells and Lee Burridge at Bed was a cracker, how I didn't get arrested on South Beach after that i'll never know as I decided to take a golf cart for a joy ride on the beach, the only thing was it was really slow so the sun bed guy it belonged to easily caught me up and had me face down in the sand. I think he just let me go upon hearing my accent haha.

Another highlight was Deep Dish at Space rooftop. They played a really long set around lunch time and all of a sudden a procession of pizza delivery guys appeared on the dance floor with piles of pizzas that Deep Dish had ordered for the crowd. That and sand was about all I ate the whole week.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
If this is true then he is surely not missed as a human, I would guess it was not his first time either....
Do we lament over Rolf Harris or Gary Glitter in the same way ?
Sorry folks hes scum.

House music DJ Erick Morillo has been arrested and charged with sexual battery.
According to a report by the Florida news channel Local 10, police say the alleged incident happened in December at Morillo’s home in Miami Beach.
Morillo’s accuser says they both DJ’d at a private party and went to Morillo’s home afterwards with another woman. She resisted sexual advances by Morillo, became intoxicated and went to a room to sleep, and “reported waking up nude on the bed, with Mr Morillo standing on the side of the bed also nude”, according to the arrest report.

Morillo has consistently denied the accusations, but following a rape kit that tested positive for his DNA, he reportedly turned himself in with his attorney.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So a man accused of rape - but not yet made it to court yet is the same as prolific pedophiles? I'm not having that I'm afraid.

Absolutely there has been reports into his private life and his behavior which he should have faced action for, but none of that takes away what he did for house music etc.

Not that it is an excuse in anyway but he was a troubled human, growing up in an environment where he was sexually abused by family members and grew up in an incesterous household, this manifested in a lot of drug problems and then led to unsavory behavior which will taint his memory.

Picasso was a serial abuser of women but pretty sure his art is still celebrated.

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
If this is true then he is surely not missed as a human, I would guess it was not his first time either....
Do we lament over Rolf Harris or Gary Glitter in the same way ?

I used to really enjoy Rolfs Cartoon Club, Glitter and his band made some great tracks and I had a brilliant time at Morillos parties. Whatever came out about their private lives later is completely disconnected from those points as far as i'm concerned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here