Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So we all know there's a striker incoming - Who ?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
just checked who the top scorer in the Eredivisie was last season.

step forward Steven Berghuis,
been scoring for fun the last 2 seasons in Holland

played for Watford for a bit, evidently he was shitehuis.

Took me a few years to realise that Steven Bergwijn and Steven Berghuis are different people. Myself being Simon Berglind did not help.

Myron Boadu or Donyell Malen would probably be the most likely Eredivisie forwards... but probably not happening for a variety of reasons.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
.. Hasn't Suarez been told by Barca to find another club?

Ooh. Now that is a good one.

Just get Morelos and bring back Andone and we’ll have the most shithouse hated forward line to ever exist in the Premier League.

Maupay - Andone - Suarez - Morelos

Arsenal fan TV will need to send their guests into counselling after our games.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I would echo this but I fear that Brentford's approach may not be dissimilar to ours when Leeds came calling for White - that said I'm sure he's in the shop window given their latest purchase.

Notable absence of Watkins and Benrahma in Brentford’s friendly today.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Trossard comes to mind. Definitely capable up there in a more narrow forward role or false 9. Can bang 'em in when given the chance.

But based on the fact that Naylor said our transfer priorities are a striker and left back, and he talks about who is and isn't on the list, I would assume we are going to try to bring in new players for these positions.

What's going on with Jahanbakhsh I wonder...? Imagine if he had a redemption arc.

I got impression that AN has consistently stated we are after a younger version of GM. From loaning GM out this hasn’t actually changed the plan as we are still after the same player type. AN says we are not rushing, which is understandable and fair enough as we have until October to finalise the squad...BUT, based on our inability to score and put teams away, this transfer has just re emphasised the obvious need in the squad.

Finally, I imagine GP told GM he was getting another striker in so he’d be 4th choice so if he wanted to go fair enough ( bit like Duffy scenario)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Trossard comes to mind. Definitely capable up there in a more narrow forward role or false 9. Can bang 'em in when given the chance.

But based on the fact that Naylor said our transfer priorities are a striker and left back, and he talks about who is and isn't on the list, I would assume we are going to try to bring in new players for these positions.

What's going on with Jahanbakhsh I wonder...? Imagine if he had a redemption arc.

That’s stretching the imagination I think, despite his one contribution nearly winning goal of the season for the entire PL! Stranger things have happened mind, and if they do, it’s going to be at BHA isn’t it?!!

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Just re read the Sensible transfers article from August 7th in Athletic and in that it states everything we know... We want a younger more versatile version of GM. We need a different option to AC and NM. Therefore ANs comments today re no rush do make sense as the club will take their time to get the right player, and he’s not saying we aren’t after a striker...( having said all that, what team in their right mind start season with 2 strikers who totalled 13 goals between them?)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Just re read the Sensible transfers article from August 7th in Athletic and in that it states everything we know... We want a younger more versatile version of GM. We need a different option to AC and NM. Therefore ANs comments today re no rush do make sense as the club will take their time to get the right player, and he’s not saying we aren’t after a striker...( having said all that, what team in their right mind start season with 2 strikers who totalled 13 goals between them?)

I wonder if the 'no rush' statement means they are not afraid to start the season with the two and an U23 back up. There's still a month left of the window.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Myself being Simon Berglind did not help.

Myron Boadu or Donyell Malen would probably be the most likely Eredivisie forwards... but probably not happening for a variety of reasons.

Simon. ?.

That’s not very Viking is it.

My Shetland roots are littered with Ollas, Svens and Lars...Larses???

And I’m damned proud of it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Based on absolutely no inside information whatsoever, I reckon a double announcement of Gonzales and Nunez is on the horizon.
Failing that, Mario Gotze is available on a free. I'm sure Tony can work his magic and get him to sign for little ol' Brighton.

The same Gotze that's on £120K a week at Dortmund?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
So this is my theory, for what it's worth. The 'no hurry' remark suggests to me that we think we are in with a chance of landing Brewster on a season long loan if Liverpool do loan him out, which I think will happen (so long as they don't sell Origi'.).
I get the feel that we are probably top of the list for Liverpool as they'd know that we are short of strikers and so Brewster would get game time, plus they have respect for Potter.
We'd obviously have to have a backup and I think we would be strongly placed to land Dia if the Brewster loan doesn't come off.
I think we'd have liked to have got Nunez but we probably always realised it was a long shot.
We must have some indication from Liverpool as to when they make their mind up on Brewster and I expect it'll be another week or two. Thus the 'no hurry' remark from AN.
Could be complete b@llocks of course.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It all depends on the formation that Potter wants to play and how he sees players such as Jahanbakash & Trossard in his set up. I'd imagine we will need at least a 3rd striker and without Murray a signing must be imminent

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
We will surely get a Murray replacement, think that's obvious. It would be suicidal to go into the season with just 2 strikers, the Guardian journalists will be right in our relegation if that's the case!

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
I'm remaining optimistic and will say that we won't settle for Brewster or Dia (please :nono:) but will instead go LARGE on a mysterious foreign import that none of us have ever heard of, who'll be the best thing since sliced bread

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here