Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So we all know there's a striker incoming - Who ?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Seeing Glen's off after sterling service, we all know someone is incoming (I would guess, to be announced in next 24 hrs).

So here is your chance to really prove your sauce. Very simple question - Who ?

I really wish you were right with this thread, we are desperate for someone who can score goals, rather than bottling it when in front of the goal.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
After today If Potter wants a 30 mil striker I there's a good chance he would get one

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1311684152547323904[/tweet]

I'm off on Vincent Janssen Day.
Oh boy is that gonna be fun-diddly-funfun.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
[tweet]1311684152547323904[/tweet]

I'm off on Vincent Janssen Day.
Oh boy is that gonna be fun-diddly-funfun.
There is still the football league window to sign Pukki, Deeney, Welbeck, King, Grant etc etc etc.

Deadline Day 2 - Friday 16th October.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There is still the football league window to sign Pukki, Deeney, Welbeck, King etc etc etc.

Deadline Day 2 - Friday 16th October.

I'm working then...

,,,probably for the best.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
At this stage I wouldnt trust anything the press (Naylor included) says... If we were desperate to sign a striker, which we may well be, we certainly wouldnt make it public knowledge. Everyone Albion connected will have been instructed to give their best poker face until the deadline has passed and people like Andy Naylor wouldnt be given their usual insider knowledge on potential transfers.

And just because right now a signing doesnt look likely, that can change very quickly within the last 48 hours when Tony decides to go all in.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
also within budget interesting line.

Considering we offered 20m for the Uruguayan and he would of come in at 50k a week. Must mean we have alot of flexibility.

A not very good striker is still better than no striker

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We only have 2 strikers so must be a big choice of " different to what we have"

If we had 6 then fair enough.

Striker incoming surely

We have 4. Andone & Gyokores. They may not be what we want, but they are strikers. So it is 4 until we hear otherwise.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
also within budget interesting line.

Considering we offered 20m for the Uruguayan and he would of come in at 50k a week. Must mean we have alot of flexibility.

A not very good striker is still better than no striker

I, and most probably the club, disagree with that. We have an academy full of young players, some are strikers and although not ideal to be thrown in too early some clubs find a gem. We need to sign strikers who are better options than Andone/Jahanbakash/Gyokores and ideally can compete with Maupay for a starting spot. Otherwise it's just wasting money on alternative benchwarmers

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Looks like a question of getting through the next three months (13 matches). Andone should be back in the new year.

I wouldn't gamble £20m on a striker who may well end up unused or being a dud. Especially not in this climate.

Folk might think differently if it was their money.

Salty_Seagull

Quality over quantity
Jul 2, 2015
Brighton/Hove
I'm really not sure this striker is coming. Not saying that we shouldn't try and get one still but with the way we play, and the adaptability Potter presses on the squad, I can see Trossard and Ali J being out striking 'backups' - not to mention Andone being the 3rd 'real' striker come January and there's Gyokeres too unless he goes out on loan.

The thing is it's not that unusual for teams to only have 2 'real' strikers. Look at City (Aguero and Jesus) and Spurs (Kane + one incoming) for starters

Hoping but not expecting

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Im hoping we bring in another striker... but if we dont we'll have Maupay, Connolly, Gyokeres, Andone (from December), and Zeqiri as our options. Not exactly terrible. As others have mentioned Trossard and Ali J could also step in if needed.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here