Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Stoke 3 Leeds 0 Pre Season Friendly

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
This Leeds thing is becoming too much on here. Yes they are arrogant dicks, yes we’ve completely made them look like dicks now Ben has signed the deal, worn number 3 and called Brighton his home, but let’s nip it in the bud now before it gets too obsessive - concentrate on us (and hopefully the demise of CPFC 2010). Too much chatter on Leeds imo!

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Pretty sure that we have had some total clangers in pre season before.

These things will come back to bite us if we have a bad season.

Just like when we all started gloating after beating Palace 3-0. I said at the time I was worried we were celebrating too soon and that we would end up losing in the playoffs...

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
They had a lot of players away so wont make too much out of this, but it pretty much shows how bad things will turn for them if they get 3-4 important players injured.

D

Deleted member 2719

This Leeds thing is becoming too much on here. Yes they are arrogant dicks, yes we’ve completely made them look like dicks now Ben has signed the deal, worn number 3 and called Brighton his home, but let’s nip it in the bud now before it gets too obsessive - concentrate on us (and hopefully the demise of CPFC 2010). Too much chatter on Leeds imo!

That's all very well, but we are talking about 'Dirty Leeds'!

It's is probably and age bracketed thing.:hilton:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Pre season really does mean nothing. Keep your powder dry guys

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

I think the result , even though a run out , is a bit of a surprise considering they’re top 6 prem according to they’re fans .

Not sure the current top 6 would lose 3-0 against stoke even with playing a weakened team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Stoke look an absolute class act at that level, I think they're going to take some stopping. Incredibly 14/1 still available.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
IMG_6372.GIF.f84234c429fbc3d931caff96b5e54511.gif

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Can this be merged with the other cringeworthy Leeds threads?

For what it's worth, pre-season friendlies are about fitness and trying new things, not the result. I feel dirty sticking up for them here, but to be fair I dare say their first team is probably largely away on international duty so this would have been their fringe players and U-23s.

If it was Palace, that's a different matter, but it's Leeds, who really cares? Huddersfield maybe? But we shouldn't.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can this be merged with the other cringeworthy Leeds threads?

For what it's worth, pre-season friendlies are about fitness and trying new things, not the result. I feel dirty sticking up for them here, but to be fair I dare say their first team is probably largely away on international duty so this would have been their fringe players and U-23s.

If it was Palace, that's a different matter, but it's Leeds, who really cares? Huddersfield maybe? But we shouldn't.

Gonna need a Leeds sub-section at this rate. The White thing is done / gone / over - we won with dignity and class. Sure we all want them to get relegated because a) nobody likes them and b) their fans were knobs this summer, but I don’t want to fixate on Leeds all season.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I’m sure Bielsa runs them into the ground in pre-season, so they probably lose all their friendlies. Means nothing.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
I know it's pre season but it's ironic they were all over us when we conceded early to chelsea then we came back to draw. Meanwhile they've been decimated with a fairly full strength team within 80 minutes by Stoke. Let's move on from Leeds now though, let them have their moment it's long overdue.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
1. Pre season results rarely mean anything.
2. Maybe this should become a leeds board? Or maybe there should be a leeds subsection for all the posters who are obsessed with leeds. All you are doing is making them right in the fact that Leeds are huge and everyone is talking about them.

Plooks.

Serious question mate. Do you actually enjoy coming here? Whenever I see a post of yours, well.. you’re always complaining? [emoji1787]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here