Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Sky/BT Sports & Broadband Haggle

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
Hoping somebody may be able to help me please. We are switching to Sky from BT next Monday.

I was wondering if there is a way of getting the Sky broadband to run through the existing BT home hub?

We have a BT extender as part of the set up which works well in conjuction the home hub with getting wifi through the house and even down to the shed/office at the end of the garden on the same network. So if there was a way that I could get the BT hub to just accept the broadband from Sky then I am hoping I could simply leave the physical set up as is and also maybe not have to sign all the TVs etc. into the new Sky hub.

Hoping that makes sense!

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Hoping somebody may be able to help me please. We are switching to Sky from BT next Monday.

I was wondering if there is a way of getting the Sky broadband to run through the existing BT home hub?

We have a BT extender as part of the set up which works well in conjuction the home hub with getting wifi through the house and even down to the shed/office at the end of the garden on the same network. So if there was a way that I could get the BT hub to just accept the broadband from Sky then I am hoping I could simply leave the physical set up as is and also maybe not have to sign all the TVs etc. into the new Sky hub.

Hoping that makes sense!
Do you own the hub as BT asked me for all the equipment back when i went to sky ? And I don't know the answer to the question i'm afraid but would guess very doubtful.

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
Do you own the hub as BT asked me for all the equipment back when i went to sky ? And I don't know the answer to the question i'm afraid but would guess very doubtful.
Maybe I will have to send it back then! Well that will solve the problem I guess

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I've signed up for Virgin with broadband, TV and Sky and BT sports for £69 per month.

The key was being able to record programmes. I often record to watch later and Now doesn't allow that.
Must re-share this.

I threatened to leave (unintentionally, I actually pressed the wrong button) and they reduced it to £59 a month.

Worth consideration. I think it's about £70 at the moment.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013

Hoping that makes sense!

The Sky router may be more advanced than the BT one. Also worth asking for a Sky Wi-Fi extender as you needed an extender with the BT set up. I’ve had Sky Wi-Fi for a while, previously with BT, and found it fast and reliable.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I am going to get BT sport for our European games, what is the best I.e. cheapest way to do it. I have Sky at the moment.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I’m perfectly happy with Sky Sports via Now TV - £20 a month for pretty much all the footie and cricket you need. I’m gobsmacked by some of the figures above!
Can you watch Now TV on more than one screen for that? And/or on an app? I only really watch the sports, but I travel a lot (so sky go + VPN is important), and also get relegated to a different room of the house by my wife/daughter wanting to watch some dross or other

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am going to get BT sport for our European games, what is the best I.e. cheapest way to do it. I have Sky at the moment.
I had Sky and BT Sport separately upto around 3 years ago. BT renewal came up Very expensive so ended up having it through Sky cheaper.

NB BT policy was they wanted me to change broadband and phone to them for a discount, policy may have changed

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Haggle a bit, then say you're going to quit. Go through with it, leave it for a week or so and they will send you a much lower offer which you can just click to accept.

I'm a lazy schmuck so if I can do it, anyone can.
This is precisely how to play it.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Maybe I will have to send it back then! Well that will solve the problem I guess
BT Sent me box with labels and instructions i took photos of it all before sealing the box then popped down to the post office. Did the same with sky as i live in a private flat i took it upon myself to get Virgin installed in the block. I did it for the internet speed as I'm still waiting for the phone lines to be upgraded, Like a few of the guys on here i get sky and BT/TNT sports all movies Netflix home phone mobile phone and broadband at 600mbs and about 200 ish channels I rarely watch. I set the box to record all things BHA then delete if we lose :eek: . Oh yes I have a mini box in the bedroom as well pay £68 a month. There are deals out there !

phoenix

May 18, 2009
This is precisely how to play it.
Exactly this i told them i didn't want a landline they said if you don't have that its more expensive because its part of the bundle. So i just unplugged it.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I had Sky and BT Sport separately upto around 3 years ago. BT renewal came up Very expensive so ended up having it through Sky cheaper.

NB BT policy was they wanted me to change broadband and phone to them for a discount, policy may have changed
Same as this. Sky gave me an amazing offer to take BT Sport through them (£10 a month or similar) so I took it. When I rang up BT to cancel through them even they said they couldn't price match that.

I'm out of contract with Sky so I've just switched my broadband to BT as they offered me a cracking deal for fibre to the door. They tried to upsell me their TV package as well and whilst it was cheaper I'm not interested in TV over the web until the latency improves. But as I'm out of contract with Sky I need to ring them up and get a better deal for my TV as that has crept up to £120 a month just for the TV I noticed when I was checking things the other week.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
I also need to know this please
BT Sports are no more.

It is now TNT Sports following a merger of BT Sports & Warner Bros, who own Eurosport. No details released as yet as to how much etc but it will be streamed on a Discovery+ service. This service offers a mix of free and “premium” channels at different pricing - Entertainment (£3.99/month) and Entertainment + Sports (£6.99/month). A third separate tier – which will include TNT Sports – will be introduced soon.

AndyH

Mar 10, 2012
If, like me, you are already on Sky and have Sky Sports and just want to add BT Sports / TNT sports, Sky want to charge an extra £28 per month!!! Talk about excessive

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think I'll IPTV it, or go down the pub. I am NOT taking out another subscription.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Cut my broadband/TV/phone bill by more than half what Sky proposed (£184) on renewal by switching to Virgin (£80)…..virtually the same deal/channels/no. of boxes etc, but line speed has gone from 55mb to over 900mb (phone line to fibre). Virgin call centre is as expected absolute dogshite but the TV feed and wifi has so far been much more reliable in first 3 months. 18 months before I have to have another renewal discussion.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Cut my broadband/TV/phone bill by more than half what Sky proposed (£184) on renewal by switching to Virgin (£80)…..virtually the same deal/channels/no. of boxes etc, but line speed has gone from 55mb to over 900mb (phone line to fibre). Virgin call centre is as expected absolute dogshite but the TV feed and wifi has so far been much more reliable in first 3 months. 18 months before I have to have another renewal discussion.
Are those monthly costs? :ohmy:

I'm currently spending about £26/month for broadband & phone line. Considering switching to FTTP 500Mbps for roughly the same price. No TV package currently, but still...!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here