Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Sky/BT Sports & Broadband Haggle

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Bt sport, sky sports , phone, net , all through BT. £69pcm. tbf, I’ve had better deals but couldn’t be arsed to haggle and play the game this time

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Just called them today as deal due to end in January. Had full Sky Q package with multi-room, supa fast BB and landline. Was paying £106 pcm. With Black Friday and Diamond customer deals, now paying £69 incl box sets and Netflix. Pretty happy with that!

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Sky/BT Sports & Broadband Haggle

Just got off phone and my sounds similar to yours I have every Channel sky do sports movies kids cinema etc (not Bt) including box sets
Phone line and internet with BT
My price £63 a month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did also mention that if I have my internet with them it would be £20 plus they would take another £8 off the £63 so £55 a month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Virgin VIP @ £133.50 pcm will cease on Friday - Now TV [Sky] was activate yesterday for £23 pcm

I've had to source another way to get to watch EVERY BHA game and not rely on it being chosen by Sky or BT.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Just called them today as deal due to end in January. Had full Sky Q package with multi-room, supa fast BB and landline. Was paying £106 pcm. With Black Friday and Diamond customer deals, now paying £69 incl box sets and Netflix. Pretty happy with that!
I've been paying £63 pcm for all that for the past year, about to call and try and get it cheaper!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Inspired by this thread, I just tried to get my Sky contract reduced.
I was paying £142-50 month for Sky talk, Sky broadband and Sky Q HD multi room with full sports,cinema and all Sky channels. I had recently gone up from £128 / month, and this increase was the final straw.
Gave her the speil about turning 65 and having to reduce my outgoings and BT had contacted offering BT VIP TV package and superfast broadband for £96.99/ month.
Managed to get offered Full package Signature TV, all channels, full sports/cinema package, all with Sky Q, Multi room, Full HD, Super fast Sky broadband and Sky Talk for £114 /month
Told the girl it was good, byt still £17 dearer than BT.
She went to have a word with her supervisor, allegedly, revised offer of £86/month.
That'll do me £678 per year saving

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I was paying £142-50 month for Sky talk, Sky broadband and Sky Q HD multi room with full sports,cinema and all Sky channels. I had recently gone up from £128 / month, and this increase was the final straw.
Gave her the speil about turning 65 and having to reduce my outgoings and BT had contacted offering BT VIP TV package and superfast broadband for £96.99/ month.
Managed to get offered Full package Signature TV, all channels, full sports/cinema package, all with Sky Q, Multi room, Full HD, Super fast Sky broadband and Sky Talk for £114 /month
She went to have a word with her supervisor, allegedly, revised offer of £86/month.

What length of contract did that need you to sign up to if you don't mind me asking?

Jul 7, 2003

A Sky ad came up under this post. For those with Sky, it might be worth a look at the Black Friday deals as they are offering to new and existing customers - these things don't usually get offered to existing customers.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

Does that include BT sport? I've got to into bat on this one in the near future.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Does that include BT sport? I've got to into bat on this one in the near future.

No, I couldnt be arsed to push for that, only time I would watch it is for Albion away games and Hesgoal gets me them

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Given my recent experience with BT Sport I wouldn’t bother with it. It won’t cast anymore despite working previously. My Now tv has no problems so it’s clearly a BT issue but they have no interest in solving it. Just a succession of people fobbing me off. I gave up trying to cast and connected an HDMI to the tv instead and sound only plays through the laptop not the tv. Reading various posts on the internet this is also a widespread problem in which BT has no interest. I won’t be renewing.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I did the same with the AA yesterday, 300 quid saving! Ffs the robbing ********

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Given my recent experience with BT Sport I wouldn’t bother with it. It won’t cast anymore despite working previously. My Now tv has no problems so it’s clearly a BT issue but they have no interest in solving it. Just a succession of people fobbing me off. I gave up trying to cast and connected an HDMI to the tv instead and sound only plays through the laptop not the tv. Reading various posts on the internet this is also a widespread problem in which BT has no interest. I won’t be renewing.

The BT Sport app is available for firestick or nowtv stick both of which are available for less than £15 second hand or about £20 brand-new with Black Friday deals. Can get the NowTV app on either too and your watching experience would be a lot better.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Currently paying NowTV £33.99 a month for Sky Sports. Noticed this morning that Now TV are now offering a six month deal at £25 per month. So I started the process of cancelling my current subscription. After hitting a sequence of confirmation buttons it offered me a new two month deal at £19.99 per month, which I took. It renews in Feb at £33.99 per month, at which point I’ll review again.

Jul 7, 2003
Always worth asking. I took out a half price, one year Racing UK subscription as part of a Black Friday deal last year. I couldn't terminate online at the end of the contract so spoke to someone in their call centre who immediately offered to extend the deal for another four months. Was more than happy with that so hope they will play the same game when it is due again.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Currently paying NowTV £33.99 a month for Sky Sports. Noticed this morning that Now TV are now offering a six month deal at £25 per month. So I started the process of cancelling my current subscription. After hitting a sequence of confirmation buttons it offered me a new two month deal at £19.99 per month, which I took. It renews in Feb at £33.99 per month, at which point I’ll review again.

And look what ad I’m now getting at the foot of this page!

DD840FA3-BFCC-454C-A794-B8C3121898B7.png

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So, it's that time again.

I like to have Sky and BT Sports. Not interested in anything else apart from broadband itself.

Sky say they are constrained by BT prices and can only offer broadband, TV and full sports at £86 per month.

Virgin are offering the same at £69.

This looks like the best offer.

I had thought about just having Now Broadband and dipping in and out of BT as I don't use it much in the mid-summer, but I can't see anything better than Virgin really.

What do folk think ? NOW TV often have offers.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here