NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's that time again.

I currently pay £83 a month for:

Sky broadband (inc line rental etc)
Sky Entertainment
Sky Sports (all channels)
BT Sport add-on (all channels)

I love a good haggle me and expect to get the price down. But I'd be interested for some pointers from those who have done this recently.

I could use moving to BT as a card here so I know I've got the upper hand. But how low can I get the price ?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I have Sky Q with 2 Sky minis, I have all available channels on Sky on all boxes, I also have BT sport on all boxes also have Netflix on all boxes and internet, also have high speed broadband from Sky £150 a month

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I have Sky Q with 2 Sky minis, I have all available channels on Sky on all boxes, I also have BT sport on all boxes also have Netflix on all boxes and internet, also have high speed broadband from Sky £150 a month

I think Brighton lines is trying to get it cheaper. Not pay to get Tommo,Tiss and Charlie back. By paying their wages.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It's that time again.

Sky Entertainment

I love a good haggle me and expect to get the price down. But I'd be interested for some pointers from those who have done this recently.

I could use moving to BT as a card here so I know I've got the upper hand. But how low can I get the price ?

About to do the same with Virgin Media

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We wanted to cancel just a single channel with Sky, my wife hit wrong option button (cancel all) and we ended up getting £40 off our entire monthly package.

Start with cancel all, and negotiate upwards, rather than downwards as most try, I say.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We switched out of Sky to BT recently (phone, telly and t'internet). BT said they would look after everything. Now Sky say we have to pay in full the TV contract with them (about £800 over X months). So we have gone back to BT and ducked out of their TV deal (which they let us do for no cost or charge). But they have already removed our Sky dish and put in an ariel (don't ask). Fortunately we got them to pay to have the dish put back, which will happen before the football season starts, I hope.

**** me. What a palarver to save a few quid. Next time we'll stay with Sky (after a token haggle). Life's too short.

ps I hate the BT telly menu appearance. I only watch football (any and all), BBC1, Sky arts and Dave. We have kids channels for the sprog. Scrolling through the BT channel list is like some sort of telliatric bingo roulette. Disgusting and frankly nauseating.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
It's that time again.

Sky Entertainment

I have fastest broadband, movies, box sets sports,entertainment, Q and phone but most important NO bt sports.

I pay £80 for that i asked sky they said i could have bt sports for an additional £14 .

I said what if i cancel movies and box sets they said you only pay £1 for box sets and £12 for all movies.

That would be £81 :lolol:

I think you are about the cheapest ! but good luck. Problem i had with bt when my internet went down. I lost all bt tv channels because mine came through phone line.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I have fastest broadband, movies, box sets sports,entertainment, Q and phone but most important NO bt sports.

I pay £80 for that i asked sky they said i could have bt sports they said additional £14 for bt sports,

I said whatb if i cancel movies and boxsets they said you pay £1 for boxsets and £12 for all movies.

That would be £81 :lolol:

I think you are about the cheapest ! but good luck. Problem i had with bt when my internet went down. I lost all bt tv channels because mine came through phone line.

Thanks for replying.

The package without BT is £58 a month. If BT was £14 then it goes to £72 a month. So that's £11 off under the 'a friend has' line.

I'm challenging myself to get close to £60 a month which a present BT deal (including the refund of a reward card) is running at. I'll argue that the internet connection here is a good one. Should be a bloody good haggle !

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The other thing to do is, presuming money is tighter, I’d ask yourself if you really need eg a landline as well as a mobile, how many matches do you really watch and what type etc versus a particular service offering? I don’t need any of the sports channels, I love Brighton only and have little time or interest to watch other teams. So be a complete and expensive waste to subscribe monthly given our coverage on. Instead NowTV passes and frankly, illegal streaming, suffices. I even enjoy Radio 5 coverage occasionally when we’re the featured game and can also multitask (take wife out in car)! All in the planning and let’s face it, all fans need degrees in PL fixtures & logistics these days to follow their teams.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The other thing to do is, presuming money is tighter, I’d ask yourself if you really need eg a landline as well as a mobile, how many matches do you really watch and what type etc versus a particular service offering? I don’t need any of the sports channels, I love Brighton only and have little time or interest to watch other teams. So be a complete and expensive waste to subscribe monthly given our coverage on. Instead NowTV passes and frankly, illegal streaming, suffices. I even enjoy Radio 5 coverage occasionally when we’re the featured game and can also multitask (take wife out in car)! All in the planning and let’s face it, all fans need degrees in PL fixtures & logistics these days to follow their teams.

There is a part of me that wonders if BT Sport is enough. I love the Champions League and it has the rugby too (as well a few EPL games). There are normally good three month NowTV offers on when cricket stuff comes around. Appreciate your input.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Been with Sky for years and if you're patient with them they'll come round to your way of thinking.

We've got Sky Q with sport/cinema/Netflix but not kids channels, sky super fast fibre (it is) and sky talk(phone) for around £90 pm. Have to say Sky have always been reasonable to deal with and have resolved any issues quickly and effectively.

My experiences of dealing with BT, particularly after my Father died (he had broadband & phone with them) convince me that I'd rather have my bollocks boiled in oil than deal with them ever again.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We switched out of Sky to BT recently (phone, telly and t'internet). BT said they would look after everything. Now Sky say we have to pay in full the TV contract with them (about £800 over X months). So we have gone back to BT and ducked out of their TV deal (which they let us do for no cost or charge). But they have already removed our Sky dish and put in an ariel (don't ask). Fortunately we got them to pay to have the dish put back, which will happen before the football season starts, I hope.

**** me. What a palarver to save a few quid. Next time we'll stay with Sky (after a token haggle). Life's too short.

ps I hate the BT telly menu appearance. I only watch football (any and all), BBC1, Sky arts and Dave. We have kids channels for the sprog. Scrolling through the BT channel list is like some sort of telliatric bingo roulette. Disgusting and frankly nauseating.

Quite a negotiator Harry :D

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I’ve been toying with getting shot of Virgin Tv given that I can access terrestrial channels via internet ...and watch a fair bit on Amazon Prime and Netflix...don’t need landline as I have a mobile (sometimes it’s cheaper to have it)...but I do watch a lot of sport so would want at least Sky

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I've the full Sky package of movies, sport and every channel going that no body watches, plus a second box, also with all channels. Both have HD and box sets. Cost is £80 they wanted over £105.
Land line & internet with Talk Talk (£21 fast fibre). No BT sports.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
I bought a fire stick for about £30 and subscribe to iptv for €56 a year.
Only thing it can’t do is pause and record (sport)
Can for the films though

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Widening the discussion to broadband speeds, ours has been shite since lockdown. Everyone at home either working, gaming or downloading movies. Tonight really bad at 5 to 11 Mbps. Ours is via BT hardware, another ISP and a powerful Netgear router.

Whilst in our neck of the woods, Virgin customers in reality are getting 72 to 110 Mbps, Sky 5 to 42 Mbps.

I don’t think we’ve ever asked to switch to fast fibre, which on checking, is available.

Anyone here made the switch to fast fibre and found a huge improvement (or not)?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Virgin Media 100mb £31 per month

Sky TV no Films or sport £17 per month

I could add Skysports for about £20 per month extra

No phone line as not needed.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
My assumption is that Sky know, and play, the game well enough these days.

Compared to a few years ago - when they had exclusive Premier League, and most of the Champions League, plus EFL and a host of other top sports rights - their offering is rather feeble beyond Premier League and EFL.

Was paying over £100 per month - but as every couple of years - gave them a call and said I'm leaving. The price quickly came tumbling down, and it's still a steep £72 pm but that includes new SkyQ equipment and a better platform in my view for what our family currently uses.

Sky know that laziness is their friend - most people just can't be bothered to contest the creeping price rises and just keep paying, even if the rights issues weaken what Sky have to offer.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
It's that time again.

Sky Entertainment

Do you have access to Virgin Media? They have some good flash deals at the moment.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bundles/bigger-bundle-sports
https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bundles/bigger-oomph-bundle-sports
These 2 deals have a £35 set up fee ( could haggle about that) and £100 bill credit. 18 month contract.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here