Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Murray to Watford

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Has been back at the Albion this week.
Has to be a permanent deal as Forest have used up their Loan allocation.

It doesn't have to be a permanent deal, they are allowed more players on loan but can only name a maximum of 5 loan players in their match day squad. Forest have already got 6 players on loan after the signing of James Garner from Man Utd (who also saw his Watford loan move terminated). So if they signed Murray on loan they'd have to leave two players out each week.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The relevance is the bit about it working when they're on the way up. When in decline it rarely pays off. Whilst Glen doesn't strictly fall into the decline tab he's 37 and hasn't played much. They don't have the time for him to get up to speed

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Sometimes even just their know how and influence in training can help. But they'd not the reason why he has been signed.

The defenders at Forest their distribution out from the back is awful and current forwards can't hold those balls up.

Murray's good at that and he is cunning at drawing free kicks. That helps get you up the pitch and relieves pressure on the defence.

So 6 months wages is not too high a price to get that. If he adds a few goals as well that's a bonus because strikers are snatching at chances and missing them at the moment. Murray is much calmer in front of goal

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The relevance is the bit about it working when they're on the way up. When in decline it rarely pays off. Whilst Glen doesn't strictly fall into the decline tab he's 37 and hasn't played much. They don't have the time for him to get up to speed

Bobby Zamora was on the way down when he was signed at Brighton by CH

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It doesn't have to be a permanent deal, they are allowed more players on loan but can only name a maximum of 5 loan players in their match day squad. Forest have already got 6 players on loan after the signing of James Garner from Man Utd (who also saw his Watford loan move terminated). So if they signed Murray on loan they'd have to leave two players out each week.

Those 5 loan players don't all play but it is a 6 month Perm Deal for Murray

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Bobby Zamora was on the way down when he was signed at Brighton by CH
Younger (I think) and had been playing more. Also a returning legend. All very different. Hope it works out well for gen and Chris. Both deserving of a good outcome for sure

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why ?

Those short term methods worked at Brighton when he inherited a shit Squad in an effort to keep them up and then he kicked on the following season by overhauling the Squad in his first summer Transfer window.

Those two " Cast Off's " as you now seem to refer to them are two of the Biggest Reasons Brighton made it to the PL.

They may not be what Brighton need now but they were what Brighton needed when they were in the position that Forest find themselves in now.

You misunderstand me. What Adams did at the start of his career (with us) worked fine. I find it strange to see CH, at, let's face it the end of his career, reverting to the same tactics. Forest aren't completely skint either, are they? Do you really think Knocky and Murray will transform Forest? I'm not sure Knocky is even making the Forst side let alone bossing it.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
You misunderstand me. What Adams did at the start of his career (with us) worked fine. I find it strange to see CH, at, let's face it the end of his career, reverting to the same tactics. Forest aren't completely skint either, are they? Do you really think Knocky and Murray will transform Forest? I'm not sure Knocky is even making the Forst side let alone bossing it.

I think that perhaps Chris Hughton is finding his task rather more difficult than he first thought, and here we are at the very last knockings of the transfer window, with time against him, and perhaps very little money available, relying on players who have been a success foir him in the past toi dig him out of trouble.

It would seem that even clubs who aren't skint, are still very reluctant to part with much in the way of funds for new players.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Whenever I feel a bit down about the latest effort by us to discover an innovative way not to win, I remember that if you had told me when I was growing up in the 80s and 90s that forest would be taking players who were past it and not good enough for us, I would have laughed in your face.

I love glenn and hope he does well at forest.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

I am not sure either of them will but needs must ATM.
The squad looks OK on paper till you see how poor they actually are.

Maybe when Knockheart gets better players around him he might get back to what he is capable of

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well the season is over and hasn’t his contract now expired....been on the bench lately....I wonder if that’s it..or maybe one more year

scooter1

How soon is now?
Well the season is over and hasn’t his contract now expired....been on the bench lately....I wonder if that’s it..or maybe one more year

Not had much of a look in recently at Forest, but has increased his media work. We could use a striking coach, and he’s unlikely to get a playing contract anywhere(unless he fancies Crawley). Now could be a good time for a slight career change

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Maybe we could do with a striking coach but just because he’s a striker who played for us does that automatically mean he’ll make a good coach, especially for a team competing at the very highest level not sure he’d be qualified for that position?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Unless he fancies L1 or L2, shirley his time is sadly up.

But what an amazing career. Despite a big injury or two, so many goals and a great footballer. His genius for us the first time around, Berbatov-esque, made a vital contribution to the ascent of the club. Returning years later to complete the job.

Time for Muzza to come home and join the coaching staff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here