Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Murray to Watford

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
To say he is past his best would be a monumental understatement.

He's probably still good enough for the Championship... but he's 37 and barely played this year.

I think the bigger issue is his age rather than lack of game time ...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Doesn’t seem to be getting in their squad? Injured or just legs gone? Always a chance he’ll come back in Jan (can’t remember if it’s season loan or not but could be cut short anyway if agreed) - would be great if he got 5 mins at end of season if we safe and nothing to play for ... with a packed Amex... :)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Doesn’t seem to be getting in their squad? Injured or just legs gone? Always a chance he’ll come back in Jan (can’t remember if it’s season loan or not but could be cut short anyway if agreed) - would be great if he got 5 mins at end of season if we safe and nothing to play for ... with a packed Amex... :)

Would love to that send off, at a packed Amex.

Twice brilliant for the Albion, what a player.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Watford were expecting to lose/get rid of Grey and Deeney, young Brasilian striker Joao something is getting his breakthrough and they are using Sarr more centrally while they also signed Perica. Murray is 5th or 6th striker at Watford currently, definitely not what he had in mind.

He is almost certainly returning in January. If he feels he is done, he will probably just chill in the squad for the rest of the season. But as the decision to join Watford indicated he is actually quite horny to play some more, I wouldnt be surprised to see him go out elsewhere on a loan. League One perhaps.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Watford were expecting to lose/get rid of Grey and Deeney, young Brasilian striker Joao something is getting his breakthrough and they are using Sarr more centrally while they also signed Perica. Murray is 5th or 6th striker at Watford currently, definitely not what he had in mind.

He is almost certainly returning in January. If he feels he is done, he will probably just chill in the squad for the rest of the season. But as the decision to join Watford indicated he is actually quite horny to play some more, I wouldnt be surprised to see him go out elsewhere on a loan. League One perhaps.

‘Horny to play some more’

AA055541-A91B-462B-B70E-E50E7F57EF2C.gif

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Glenn will probably join the Hughton party at Forest.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This is a loan that doesn't seem to have done anything for any of the parties involved - it may have saved us a bit in wages, but that's about it. Back to us in January with a loan out to League 1 or 2 if he wants a last hurrah playing professional football, or just back to us with a cameo appearance for a few minutes in the last home match of the season if there's nothing significant at stake.
No more contract extensions, that's for sure! Good luck in your next career, Glenn.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
This is a loan that doesn't seem to have done anything for any of the parties involved - it may have saved us a bit in wages, but that's about it. Back to us in January with a loan out to League 1 or 2 if he wants a last hurrah playing professional football, or just back to us with a cameo appearance for a few minutes in the last home match of the season if there's nothing significant at stake.
No more contract extensions, that's for sure! Good luck in your next career, Glenn.

Out to Portsmouth in January then, would score between 10 - 15 in half a season and getting them up.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Out to Portsmouth in January then, would score between 10 - 15 in half a season and getting them up.

Nah,back in the stripes in January for our cup run, taking us to the final against United.
Burying the winner deep into stoppage time.

Reversing the tdisappointment of 83 - staying up AND winning the cup.

It's in the stars I tell ye!!

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012

I don't see why we would cancel a year loan, he wouldn't get in our squad so why pay his wages? Unless they have a cancellation clause.

Sent from my EVR-N29 using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I don't see why we would cancel a year loan, he wouldn't get in our squad so why pay his wages? Unless they have a cancellation clause.

I hope that there is a bit more heart in the club than to have a club legend rotting away in the stands of Watford for the last six months of his career (probably), unless he is fine with it.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham

Maybe join Chris H at Notts Forest.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

id rather have him on our training ground, coaching the young strikers, than theirs.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Nah,back in the stripes in January for our cup run, taking us to the final against United.

I think you’ve had too much Sunday communion wine!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Let's HOPE someone keeps AN eye on THE money this TIME...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here