Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Any Amazon recommendations please?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Slowly getting into the 21st century, anything worth specifically viewing on Amazon please now the nights are drawing in?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ozark

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
The Marvellous Mrs. Maisel is great. Hated The Man in the High Castle (even though on paper it's right up my street). Handmaid's Tale is great TV.

Worth checking out some of their sport stuff. Take the Ball Pass the Ball is great, as is All or Nothing.

They've also got almost all of Bob's Burgers on there if you want something a little lighter.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
get them to pay their taxes...???

This 100%

Why we all willingly use these companies that refuse to pay tax is beyond me.

Use City Books instead of Amazon
Use a local cab firm instead of Uber
etc
etc.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
On Amazon, watch The Boys. Its a superhero thing but don't let that turn you off. For example, the invisible man can be found in the ladies bog and Superman is a massive massive knobhead.Best thing I've watched on Prime.

The 2nd series is just coming out too so perfect timing.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Preacher is enjoyable is you like dark humour.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
This 100%

etc
etc.

You may have noticed that scAmazon and NSC are bedfellows, see top of the page, the same Amazon that exploits its workforce, dodges taxes and continues selling music by Gary Glitter, The Lost Prophets and Rolf Harris, to name just three.

Ben Elton: “Blimey, a bit of politics from Cheeky Monkey, I mean Palacefinder General, there”

:moo: :wink:

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
get them to pay their taxes...???

This 100%

etc
etc.
You may have noticed that scAmazon and NSC are bedfellows, see top of the page, the same Amazon that exploits its workforce, dodges taxes and continues selling music by Gary Glitter, The Lost Prophets and Rolf Harris, to name just three.

Oh give it a break. Amazon pay the tax they are obliged to, same as you no doubt. Perhaps you could set an example by paying a bit extra voluntarily. You may do so simply by sending a cheque to HMRC. I understand that you can even specify where you would like to see that money spent.

Gary Glitter does not get paid royalties,” A representative confirmed that “Gary Glitter's publishing interest in the copyright of his songs is owned by UMPG and other parties, therefore UMPG does not pay him any royalties or other considerations.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here