Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] All or Nothing: Tottenham Hotspur

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
On Amazon Prime now.

No real spoilers as we all know what happened in the season but I was disappointed they skipped over the first few games and the spanking by us and went straight to the Jose show.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Think this is the easiest answer of "Nothing" to any of these so far TBH

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
On Amazon Prime now.

No real spoilers as we all know what happened in the season but I was disappointed they skipped over the first few games and the spanking by us and went straight to the Jose show.

That Levy chap comes across as quite irritating.
Mind you, I suppose it's his train set, where Poch and Mourinho are only featured drivers.
I did see there were more IT on duty than the Albion seem to have :lol:

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
I saw this listed on Prime and really couldn't see how it could be interesting. Sunderland in freefall, absolutely - a glorious bit of schadenfreude; Spurs being average with a bit of a knob as a manager, I passed.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
The 3-4 months of the season where poch was manager got 15 mins (if you discount the 5 min intro bit). Very odd.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
All or Nothing: (insert team name here)

What a lazy new format of programming this is, one that can rolled out worldwide with a minimum of effort or creativity like Big Brother or Real Housewives etc etc

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The Amazon sport stuff is all glossy staged rubbish. You can tell that they have signed over content control to the subject matter owner and what you get is the scenario where the most negative part of Spurs season is practically airbrushed out. Netflix clearly do a much better job such as the Sunderland doc which was excellent.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The 3-4 months of the season where poch was manager got 15 mins (if you discount the 5 min intro bit). Very odd.

I wonder if Mopo declined to feature after leaving

Only 2 interesting parts are Mopo not thinking he would get sacked and allis attitude

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I started watching this last night and fell asleep after about half an hour, which tells me all I need to know. These glossy, airbrushed, heavily-edited productions are an absolute BOREFEST. Spurs were never going to let anything remotely interesting or controversial remain in the edit. So all you're getting is a monotonous re-run of the season, with some training ground stuff thrown in, and some not very interesting remarks from Jose and Levy. What a yawn. Same as the Man City one, which was mildly interesting at the start to see Peps methods and teamtalks, but then rapidly became another exercise in monotony and same-old, as they cruised to another title.

As others have mentioned, the Sunderland Till I Die docs are excellent viewing, as they truly are "warts and all" behind the scenes stuff at an utter carcrash of a football club. These Spurs and City ones couldn't be more opposite in their entertainment value. They're just glorified promo-videos.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
These started with American football and they were excellent. The city one was interesting enough but I thought the best by far was the Michigan Wolverines one.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
The Sunderland stuff is done by fans and was superbly done, I’ve tried to watch documentaries on Prime and find them really tough to get into as they’re so jazzed up I got bored.
I did see a lot on twitter saying Jose actually comes across well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I started watching this last night and fell asleep after about half an hour, which tells me all I need to know. These glossy, airbrushed, heavily-edited productions are an absolute BOREFEST. Spurs were never going to let anything remotely interesting or controversial remain in the edit. So all you're getting is a monotonous re-run of the season, with some training ground stuff thrown in, and some not very interesting remarks from Jose and Levy. What a yawn. Same as the Man City one, which was mildly interesting at the start to see Peps methods and teamtalks, but then rapidly became another exercise in monotony and same-old, as they cruised to another title.

As others have mentioned, the Sunderland Till I Die docs are excellent viewing, as they truly are "warts and all" behind the scenes stuff at an utter carcrash of a football club. These Spurs and City ones couldn't be more opposite in their entertainment value. They're just glorified promo-videos.

Nothing beats that Orient one of 20 years or so ago (posts passim).

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Yup.

Too bad really, not enough good football documentaries around. Sunderland Til I Die series is... ok. QPR The Four Year Plan really good. An Impossible Job is alright... And the Orient one is decent. There's two good Swedish ones as well. Most however lack either in content or production.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Yup.

Too bad really, not enough good football documentaries around. Sunderland Til I Die series is... ok. QPR The Four Year Plan really good. An Impossible Job is alright... there's two good Swedish ones as well. Most however lack either in content or production.

I binged on the NFL ones over a summer. Admittedly I knew a lot less about the NFL than football so perhaps theat made it interesting but it seemed to me that they allowed a fair amount of access and included moments of sacking, defeats, bust ups etc. Really enjoyed them.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I binged on the NFL ones over a summer. Admittedly I knew a lot less about the NFL than football so perhaps theat made it interesting but it seemed to me that they allowed a fair amount of access and included moments of sacking, defeats, bust ups etc. Really enjoyed them.

Americans one hand are masters of making scripted shit but on the other hand they also see conflicts, drama etc. as good PR while Europeans always want to hide that stuff in the closet. Makes it a lot easier to make good sports documentaries over there.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Agree about the editorial control which I guess is why Pochettino hardly features.

I thought a few interesting bits accidentally made it into the first 2 episodes.

Jose telling Dele Alli he was lazy in training in a jocular fashion when he clearly meant it.

Eric Dier looks overweight by current professional football standards. I also thought he was a bit thick but then he started talking to Jose in fluent Portuguese. Then I remembered he was brought up in Portugal.

I know its edited but Jose's team talks seem to consist of him telling the players they need to be 'effing c****' (Erikson looked like he disapproved). No tactical masterstrokes or psychological insights to be seen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here