Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Burnley

ClaretTony

Aug 29, 2020
Hi everyone.

Claret Tony here from the Up The Claret’s forum. I’m the moderator and prominent Burnley fan and member of the clarets committee.

Hope you all enjoyed the game with Chelsea at the weekend and many of you got to attend.

Post here is twofold.

Firstly I’m looking to arrange a meet-up with likeminded Brighton fans for our fixture in November. Would anyone on here be interested in joining my bubble so we can attend together. I will be doing a piece in the build up. The match day experience and post match feedback.

Secondly I am looking at getting some fellow fans to join my campaign to get fans to be able to attend games in person soon.

Be great to get some feedback as to how your game went.

Anyway thanks for reading. Always had a soft spot for Brighton. The fans have always treat me well on my visits and have had some truly memorable nights in Brighton down the years.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hi everyone.

Claret Tony here from the Up The Claret’s forum. I’m the moderator and prominent Burnley fan and member of the clarets committee.

Hope you all enjoyed the game with Chelsea at the weekend and many of you got to attend.

Post here is twofold.

Firstly I’m looking to arrange a meet-up with likeminded Brighton fans for our fixture in November. Would anyone on here be interested in joining my bubble so we can attend together. I will be doing a piece in the build up. The match day experience and post match feedback.

Secondly I am looking at getting some fellow fans to join my campaign to get fans to be able to attend games in person soon.

Anyway thanks for reading. Always had a soft spot for Brighton. The fans have always treat me well on my visits and have had some truly memorable nights in Brighton down the years.

Best of luck mate - I'm an armchair fan these days I'm afraid.

P.S. We're not fond of Rodrigues, so expect a bit of flak!

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Not often you get decent Burnley fans (sorry Tony).
I know 2 personally, bloody good mates of mine...Keith Capstick and Glenn Price. Met up with them before an away game at yours a few seasons ago, they were sound, their mates were absolute twats.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
'Proper' football club is Burnley. Local support and much of their time in the top flight.

Yet little delusion as to what that status means in any current climate.

It would serve other clubs well to take the lesson.

Seem to remember an early April visit there once when cricket was being played close to the ground. 2 for the price of 1 that day (and a 3-1 win).

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Hi everyone.

Post here is twofold.

Maybe not like minded.... some input from me though.

I did not go on Saturday as COVID is still a threat and attending a meaningless game was not worth the risk.

I think it was a good starting point but really need to get the number up to nearly 10k to see if this is workable.

Atmosphere/sound at the was good given the circumstances but i guess that is expected as the people who did attend are the most keen

I think away fans just makes the picture too complicated and really shouldn't be considered at this time especially if there attendance denies home fans attending. I appreciate this will p*ss of those fans who are more local to say Liverpool than Brighton and so denied watching their team but if 10-12k season ticket holders can't get in then letting in away fans is really not on.

Personal circumstances mean that I probably would like to give first half of the season miss.

I will not sign up to a sports contract so will watch Brighton games on NowTv, I have BT sport on my mobile and have Amazon prime. I suspect many others will be split into doing similar or just getting the dodgy devices. I expect the TV companies think they will be able to mug off the 500k season ticket holders who can't see their team but I don't think they will get a lot more custom.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Hi everyone.

Post here is twofold.

I’m up for it mate. I’ve got a scouse accent.. but don’t hold that against me PM me.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Hi everyone.

Post here is twofold.

Hope all goes well...would have loved to have gone to the game last Saturday but couldn’t get a ticket...I trust my club to organise things properly ...the current climate re Covid is a heck of a lot better than last March/April/May ...and if guidelines are followed I hope that a limited number of fans will be allowed in cone October ...we shall see

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I went Saturday and really enjoyed it. Slightly more invasive stewarding than usual but nothing too heavy. Atmosphere was excellent given the numbers attending and the performance gave me real hope for the season. I cannot however see away fans being allowed probably for the whole season and much though I hate the idea of no away games it is probably the right decision. This shambles of a Govt is nowhere near getting control of this virus and mass migrations of fans around the country is asking for re-infection outbreaks ahead of an effective vaccine.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
unnamed (1).gif

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Hi everyone.

Post here is twofold.

Good luck with your endeavours.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
My thoughts as an OAP and ST holder.
I could have gone Saturday as I've seen every home and missed only a handful of away games in the past few years.
But I've no intention of going to a match for a long time.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I went Saturday and really enjoyed it. Slightly more invasive stewarding than usual but nothing too heavy. Atmosphere was excellent given the numbers attending and the performance gave me real hope for the season. I cannot however see away fans being allowed probably for the whole season and much though I hate the idea of no away games it is probably the right decision. This shambles of a Govt is nowhere near getting control of this virus and mass migrations of fans around the country is asking for re-infection outbreaks ahead of an effective vaccine.

I get what you are saying but what would be the difference between a Brighton fan who lives 150 miles away traveling to a home match and his next door neighbour who happens to be a supporter of the team we are playing travelling to the same match. People are travelling all around the country at the moment on holidays and there is much more risk of them going to drink inside at a local pub every evening than a day trip to a football match and the same risk for the home and away fan.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Hi everyone.

Post here is twofold.

Great idea, love it! Shame I live abroad otherwise I'd be keen to get involved.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I get what you are saying but what would be the difference between a Brighton fan who lives 150 miles away traveling to a home match and his next door neighbour who happens to be a supporter of the team we are playing travelling to the same match. People are travelling all around the country at the moment on holidays and there is much more risk of them going to drink inside at a local pub every evening than a day trip to a football match and the same risk for the home and away fan.

Short answer I guess would be numbers? Albion fans coming into the county would number in the hundreds I'd assume as a maximum and would be making their way mostly individually. Away fans tend to travel together and congregate together en masse. There is no perfect solution to any of this but I would imagine the risk would be increased by away fans quite significantly?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
My observation from Saturday was the limitation isn't sitting and watching the game but getting people to and from the game and concourses. The Amex has quite big concourses and public transport was fine for 2,500 people with a lot driving. If we ramp up they will simply open more concourse space, which will be fine, but I do think it will need a lot of people driving to the game as you can't really scale up public transport anymore.

Never been in the home end at Burnley and to be fair the concourse in the away end is ok size wise for one of the older grounds but my suspicion is that will be your limiting factor. On the plus side you probably have a lot more local support who can go to the games in smaller bubbles which might be an advantage over us.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Despite an above average number of racist gammon in their support, I've never disliked Burnley really.

I'm sure someone will be along soon to post the scene at Reading that allowed us into the play-offs. :lolol:

In all fairness I don’t mind Burnley, they’re a proper old fashioned community football club, but I do like that inbetweeners scene !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here