Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Gable Dormer?

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
I think that’s what they are called anyhow.

We have a huge void over our garage that I’m thinking of utilising. The other side of the void is the bathroom. All stud walling The bathroom at rear of house has a velux.

Thoughts are to take out all the stud work, resite the bathroom to the front as that’s where all the soil pipes are already. Then putting in small gable dormers front and rear.

If these were around 5 foot wide is there a rough way of estimating a cost to put them in, or is it just not that simple?

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
I think that’s what they are called anyhow.

We have a huge void over our garage that I’m thinking of utilising. The other side of the void is the bathroom. All stud walling The bathroom at rear of house has a velux.

Thoughts are to take out all the stud work, resite the bathroom to the front as that’s where all the soil pipes are already. Then putting in small gable dormers front and rear.

If these were around 5 foot wide is there a rough way of estimating a cost to put them in, or is it just not that simple?

A void over your garage? Best keep space for the car, so you can have a Nissan dormer.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
ohh what have i started?

Do not say anything about a car, or other transport associated with garages

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Another one who thought this was a potential signing. Norwegian striker Gable Dormer.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
At a guess . . .10 bags

A void over a garage/workshop = scalextric loft. Or if it has sufficient head room subbuteo, table tennis, snooker/pool/ AND scalextric . . . With a bar.

Cars/scooters/bikes/drums/guitars under . . . .Obvs!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here