Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Notting Hill Carnival

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Always one of THE great events on the British cultural calendar and cultural commentators all agree it is a crying shame it is not able to go ahead as usual this year but it's all going off online. More relevant than ever with the black lives matter movement only growing and growing. Me and Mrs Crodo had an absolute hoot yesterday watching it and dancing round our drawing room.

Still going on today, all available here

:O

Last edited:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Fine sentiments Crodo but we went last year and it is definitely NOT one of the great cultural events.

Unless of course you mean that by wading through an ankle-deep carpet of used gas canisters, wondering whether the bloke you glanced at is going to stab you and queuing up to use private house toilets for £5 a pop is cultural, then yes, agreed.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Fine sentiments Crodo but we went last year and it is definitely NOT one of the great cultural events.

Unless of course you mean that by wading through an ankle-deep carpet of used gas canisters, wondering whether the bloke you glanced at is going to stab you and queuing up to use private house toilets for £5 a pop is cultural, then yes, agreed.

I've never been Hiney but it's always been on mine and Mrs Crisis bucket list. We always tune into the highlights on BBC and cultural commentators analysis of the event. You don't sell it particularly well. :nono:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I’d be tempted to piss on the seat and not use the loo brush after a crap at £5 :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Always one of THE great events on the British cultural calendar and cultural commentators all agree it is a crying shame it is not able to go ahead as usual this year but it's all going off online. More relevant than ever with the black lives matter movement only growing and growing. Me and Mrs Crodo had an absolute hoot yesterday watching it and dancing round our drawing room.

Still going on today, all available here

:O

Stop, now. If you want to draw out the racists there are better ways of doing it. And better forums. Try the Argus online. :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've been several times and managed not to get even a little bit stabbed. Maybe I'm just lucky.

I spent 20-odd years in London and went to Carnival for most of those years. I've never been a little bit stabbed either. I've never had to pay to use a loo either. It's a great event, particularly when the sun's shining.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
used to go every year and the reggae sunsplash at selhurst ....great day out although the last one i went to was marred by numerous stabbings , robberies , muggings and gangs scrapping, junkies over dosing and police picking on easy targets ...tsk......it was actually pretty scary almost primal.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I spent 20-odd years in London and went to Carnival for most of those years. I've never been a little bit stabbed either. I've never had to pay to use a loo either. It's a great event, particularly when the sun's shining.
Another survivor of the carnival. Was a great spectacle and something to experience. It does get a little busy though so if you are unsure of crowds its probably not for you. Not sure i could handle the crowds now as i went about 15 years ago.:rave:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here