Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season tickets

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
Living 280 miles from the Amex I've never considered the idea of a season ticket but at times I've struggled to get tickets for the away games but now I have nine clubs within 2 hours travel from my front door it may become an option purely to secure the away tickets (once we're allowed back in). I would also probably be able to make 3 or four home games over a season.

Would you bother if you were in my position?

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Do the club have a policy against people owning but not using season tickets?

Also, as a new season ticket holder you won’t have a huge number of loyalty points so might find you still miss out on the away games that you want. I guess the question is how many games go to on sale to all season ticket holders without going to general sale?

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Just get a membership. That gives you priority to away games after STHs and loyalty points. We did not take up too many 3000 allocations last season so you’d probably get a ticket easily enough.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
If you do live in Orsmkirk your 'local' clubs look to be Liverpool, Everton & the Manchester duo. Games that normally sell out before getting to the lower loyalty points mark. Worth signing up for a membership for starters but as mentioned, don't expect away fans this year let alone this season.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Just get a membership. That gives you priority to away games after STHs and loyalty points. We did not take up too many 3000 allocations last season so you’d probably get a ticket easily enough.

Problem is we take the maximum allocation to the games that people actually want to go to. Expect tickets to be available for Burnley and Everton!!

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Living 280 miles from the Amex I've never considered the idea of a season ticket but at times I've struggled to get tickets for the away games but now I have nine clubs within 2 hours travel from my front door it may become an option purely to secure the away tickets (once we're allowed back in). I would also probably be able to make 3 or four home games over a season.

Would you bother if you were in my position?

No. you`d have few if any points so unlikely to get away tickets for big clubs.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Problem is we take the maximum allocation to the games that people actually want to go to. Expect tickets to be available for Burnley and Everton!!

With a membership he’d get a ticket to the games in the NW and Newcastle. We only took 1800 to Liverpool, both Manchester games and Wolves. We took less than that to Newcastle and Everton.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

We didn’t take full allocations, although did sell out at:

Liverpool
Manchester United
Manchester City
Everton
Wolverhampton Wanderers

Didn’t take an full allocation or sell out at Newcastle.

Probably wouldn’t have sold out at Burnley or Leicester.

Sold out the full allocations for the rest of the games that we were allowed to attend and Norwich City too.

Would’ve sold out a full 3,300 allocation at Southampton.

Brighton Rocker

Jul 16, 2011
TN 21
At the moment having a season ticket but not attending home matches gives other supporters more chance in ballot or ticket exchange but, when we get back to ‘normal’, season tickets should be for supporters who can attend. The official ‘attendance’ of course includes everyone who has bought a ticket even if they don’t turn up.
If too many supporters are regularly absent we will become like Arsenal!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Do the club have a policy against people owning but not using season tickets?

Also, as a new season ticket holder you won’t have a huge number of loyalty points so might find you still miss out on the away games that you want. I guess the question is how many games go to on sale to all season ticket holders without going to general sale?

Yes they do. My dad has a season ticket but currently lives in Ireland and therefore doesn't make many matches. The club wrote to him cancelling it with immediate effect towards the end of last season.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

This.

The first season in the Premier League was very difficult when it came to securing tickets for away games. Understandable probably, considering it was our introdcuction into the top flight, interest was at an all time high, and many fans had never visited these top stadiums before.

The couple of seasons since then though have proved a lot wasier, and apart from local derbies, and for games where we only get a small allocation, you will probably be able to get a ticket(s) without too much trouble, season ticket holder, or not.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here