Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Messi

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
[yt]5twveLmWhvI[/yt]

Ridiculous

Finances aside, I just so, SO hope Man City land him, so I have the the opportunity of seeing probably the greatest player who has ever pulled on a pair of boots on the pitch against us. In my time watching BHA in the PL, aside from James Tompkins, there have been 2 other players who have blown me away watching them live. Eden Hazard, and Philippe Countinho, who were magnificent. I so much want Messi in my "I saw him play" scrapbook, even if we (as likely) get dry-humped.

Come on Pep. Get it over the line. Messi at the Amex - mindblowing.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I've seen him once at the Nou Camp. It was a bit like going to a concert where everyone was there to scream and holler whenever he came near. It was a tourism experience more than a football experience.

That said, I would also love him to come to England, and I'm trying to think of any other occasion where I was excited by another team buying a player. Probably a few players in the 90s when the first overseas stars came here, but otherwise, it would be very exciting to see him in the premier league.

And every other teams fans will enjoy it when their defenders kick him up in the air.

I think it will happen, and I think it will be a colossal waste of money by City - they don't need him and he'll probably spend as much time on the treatment table as on the pitch. It'll be a vanity buy by their owners. Hope it happens

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
As long as he signs for Leeds I’ll be happy.

Or Palace...that way he can keep using his Barcelona kit.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
All true, but if they pay anywhere near the release fee being talked about, I will be disgusted.

Hate to be ‘that guy’, but it’ll be the best (worst) example of how horrific European football has become from a money perspective.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
How can anyone afford that fee and still comply with ffp? Even city will probably be more cautious after their near miss

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Saw him live in the Man Utd v Barcelona semi-final ? 2008. Great player but he could have played all night and he wouldn't have scored. His finishing was atrocious that night.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
He is really trying to battle the club and show his player power. I don't like it when players try and force through a move, he has signed a decent contract and should do his job.

el punal

[yt]5twveLmWhvI[/yt]

Ridiculous

Finances aside, I just so, SO hope Man City land him, so I have the the opportunity of seeing probably the greatest player who has ever pulled on a pair of boots on the pitch against us. In my time watching BHA in the PL, aside from James Tompkins, there have been 2 other players who have blown me away watching them live. Eden Hazard, and Philippe Countinho, who were magnificent. I so much want Messi in my "I saw him play" scrapbook, even if we (as likely) get dry-humped.

I’ve seen George Best, Cruyff, but missed out on Pele. So I’m with you on this one.

P.S. Watching Vicente beat a zillion Derby players and then smashing the ball against the bar was pretty good too. :cool:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
All true, but if they pay anywhere near the release fee being talked about, I will be disgusted.

Hate to be ‘that guy’, but it’ll be the best (worst) example of how horrific European football has become from a money perspective.

Sadly a drop in the (oil) ocean for city’s owners.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
The scramble for Amex tickets would be off the scale. If he signs for City you can see our membership scheme and season ticket list rocketing just to guarantee a seat at that one game, not just with Brits and ex-pat Spaniards, but with people from all over. Even the ‘too big for City’ Etihad might be full every match.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It would be good to see him up against our back 9

My mate Ronald O thinks he's shytehouse.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
[yt]5twveLmWhvI[/yt]

Ridiculous

Totally agree. I would love to watch Messi. It would also herald a new feeling for me, looking forward to watching us play man city.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
https://youtu.be/GR3Om0WfErA

Saw him as a teenager for Argentina against Serbia in Schalke, in 2006, when he became the youngest ever Argie to play and score at the World Cup finals. He got the last one in a 6-0 stuffing, which included the famous Cambiasso goal above, epic day out at the footy!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Probably a few players in the 90s when the first overseas stars came here, but otherwise, it would be very exciting to see him in the premier league.

Ahem, there were overseas players in English football way before the 90's. Especially since the Argentina world cup in 1978. Some great Argentinians and Dutch players amongst others found a lot of success here.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I really want a Premier League club to sign him, just so we can "WHO?" him at The Amex :lolol:

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Saw him live in the Man Utd v Barcelona semi-final ? 2008. Great player but he could have played all night and he wouldn't have scored. His finishing was atrocious that night.

wow - you have just reminded me that i was there that night. i was right behind Scholes as he scored that screamer. didnt remember messi even being there but the 00s were a bit of a blur for me.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
wow - you have just reminded me that i was there that night. i was right behind Scholes as he scored that screamer. didnt remember messi even being there but the 00s were a bit of a blur for me.

Yes, we were behind the goal too, but very high up in the gods.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here