Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Conor Gallagher

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
We’re being linked with another Chelsea youngster. Can’t imagine there’d be too keen to let another Lamptey go?

According to the Sun we’re one of a few club interested in a season loan.

Do we even need any more center mids?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Did well for Charlton last season. Then moved to Swansea.

Mr K says he was rubbish.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Blondie up front? Worked hard and chased down and did some nice link up play in the centre circle if memory serves me right. Was on loan and Charlton and got a few i think.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Quite in our faces and bit petulant in my opinion. That's all I can recall. He kicked the ball away to stop a free kick being taken. Pretty competitive considering it was a friendly.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Did well for Charlton last season. Then moved to Swansea.

Mr K says he was rubbish.

The Sun disagree...

"Gallagher scored six goals for the Addicks during his loan spell in the first part of the season.

Although he did not score during his spell with Swans in the second part of the campaign, he made a huge impression."​

Palace, the other Albion and the real Albion chasing him by all accounts >>> https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/premierleague/12537630/chelsea-gallagher-loan-west-brom/

Struggling to see why we'd be interested and why Chelsea would be interested - can't see he'd get much game time at all.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The Sun disagree...

"Gallagher scored six goals for the Addicks during his loan spell in the first part of the season.

Although he did not score during his spell with Swans in the second part of the campaign, he made a huge impression."​

Palace, the other Albion and the real Albion chasing him by all accounts >>> https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/premierleague/12537630/chelsea-gallagher-loan-west-brom/

Struggling to see why we'd be interested and why Chelsea would be interested - can't see he'd get much game time at all.

Comments section of that article:

‘ As a swans fan who has watched every minute of him play he is great championship player but he’s not ready for the prem yet. He needs another season playing constantly (even if that’s in the championship with another team) than going to prem to sit on the bench.’

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The Sun disagree...

...and Sheffield United >>> https://www.sheffieldunited.news/op...or-gallagher-as-chelsea-prepare-another-loan/

...and Leeds, of course >>> https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...4574/leeds-target-chelsea-gallagher-transfer/

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have literally ZERO interest in taking other teams’ young players on loan. Promote our own.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I have literally ZERO interest in taking other teams’ young players on loan. Promote our own.

But if you did have some interest, could you see a 20-year-old, not-really-goal-scoring, never-played-in-the-Premier-League striker being of much benefit to us this season?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
But if you did have some interest, could you see a 20-year-old, not-really-goal-scoring, never-played-in-the-Premier-League striker being of much benefit to us this season?

Well, now you put it like that...

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Agree, unless it comes with the option to buy. Then it gets more interesting.

Dont really need a new 10 either. Pretty happy with the team atm, a striker who could also play winger would be nice but not really necessary.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yep, looked lively yesterday but I cant see this happening. It wouldn't make any sense re Molumby, MacAllister, Baluta. I think he'd be great in the Championship this season.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Watching him yesterday, i thought he was a busy little bugger and was closing our defenders down very well. But, we have two strikers already with similar attributes and i would say both are better. He's good, but not what we need.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here