Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Players we could get big bids for before next season.

larus

Assuming that our key players keep improving, I was thinking that there could be serious risk we could lose more than one before the start of next season?

Bissouma. We’ve seen a marked improvement and probably this season, we’ll see more.
White. Already been linked with top teams, like Liverpool.
Lamptey. Really impressed with him - and still young/improving.
Webster. Think he’ll keep improving too - settled as this level now.
Mac Allister. It’s clear he has the ability.
Alzate. How long until he starts to be on teams radars (assuming he’s not already).

I’ve omitted Dunk as I hope that the new contract will be enough to keep him now.

I know we’re not a selling club anymore, but I also think we won’t want to be seen to stop players progressing.

Of course, it would take some decent bids, but I guess this is always part of the plan. Decent youth set-up and clever recruitment.

I suppose the other side to this is, if we have a decent season due to the improving squad and end up in the top half, the number of potential bidders shrinks.

Nice problem to have though compared to the Withdean years.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As I just wrote on the Bisouma thread, I find views like this very negative and scaremongering. Let’s just enjoy the players we have and enjoy them. Lamptey has played about 4 games ffs - we won’t sell him now and probably not in a year either. We’re an established prem club now - let’s stop the pessimistic talk on here about losing people and enjoy the chase for improving the squad. Did the Dunk false rumour and 100 odd page thread based on one fans tweet and Dunk not being in some photos and Paul Camillin’s comments on the roar about it not teach us anything on here?! Just my opinion [MENTION=240]larus[/MENTION] nothing personal against the thread.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Assuming that our key players keep improving, I was thinking that there could be serious risk we could lose more than one before the start of next season?

Bissouma. We’ve seen a marked improvement and probably this season, we’ll see more.
White. Already been linked with top teams, like Liverpool.
Lamptey. Really impressed with him - and still young/improving.
Webster. Think he’ll keep improving too - settled as this level now.
Mac Allister. It’s clear he has the ability.
Alzate. How long until he starts to be on teams radars (assuming he’s not already).

I’ve omitted Dunk as I hope that the new contract will be enough to keep him now.

I know we’re not a selling club anymore, but I also think we won’t want to be seen to stop players progressing.

Of course, it would take some decent bids, but I guess this is always part of the plan. Decent youth set-up and clever recruitment.

I suppose the other side to this is, if we have a decent season due to the improving squad and end up in the top half, the number of potential bidders shrinks.

Nice problem to have though compared to the Withdean years.

All bar a few, pretty much every club is a selling club(think Coutinho to Barcelona/Ronaldo to Madrid)
We’re nurturing some good players at the moment and that’s great for the club, but let’s be under no illusion that every player has a price and a desire to step up a level or 3

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Selling players for large fees hasn't done Southampton too badly over the years, has it?

The time to start worrying is when nobody wants to buy your players.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not scaremongering at all. It’s being realistic and having a discussion - you know, about football/players/etc.

Actually, let’s just talk about honey badgers and restaurants instead.

Chill out, I even said no offence!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Every player will have a value and TB/PB/DA will accept when we need to. I'm certain there will be around 10 players that we will want to keep and a group of 10-12 who we could cope with loosing if a suitable bid came in

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
All bar a few, pretty much every club is a selling club(think Coutinho to Barcelona/Ronaldo to Madrid)
We’re nurturing some good players at the moment and that’s great for the club, but let’s be under no illusion that every player has a price and a desire to step up a level or 3

If we are are mid table PL side there aren't, realistically, 3 levels above us. There is only 1 that makes any real difference and that's to a top 10/12 European club (6 of which are prem themselves).

If we sell it will be players on the wane or youngsters who can't get into the squad. Players in their prime will, unless tapped up by Liverpool/Citeh, be staying put. Have some faith.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
If we are are mid table PL side there aren't, realistically, 3 levels above us. There is only 1 that makes any real difference and that's to a top 10/12 European club (6 of which are prem themselves).

If we sell it will be players on the wane or youngsters who can't get into the squad. Players in their prime will, unless tapped up by Liverpool/Citeh, be staying put. Have some faith.

Pretty much.

And Albion don't sell contracts easily unless they are sure and certain of upgrade options.

Asking about the end of the season is like asking about the weather. Too much to go on in between.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Which season we referring too...if it’s 21/22 I’m not even going there.....thread title says before next season ..we’ll that’s two weeks time

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
at this stage i dont see us selling promising players, unless its top money from top team. and to be frank im not sure anyone but Dunk is really going to be interesting any of the top 4-6 teams, and they'd have come in by now. be more worried about next summer after a good season.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
None of the mentioned players are going anywhere within the next two weeks, the market is too slow, the club too unwilling to sell and plenty of the players mentioned are too fresh at this level to be considered by the big dragons.

The only potential "big out" is Davy Pröpper. Ajax need midfielders and if they come waving their fat wallet there could be some action: £20m or so is good, Pröpper would improve his chances to go to the Euros and Bissouma, Stephens, Alzate and Molumby might be considered enough to replace him. Its the only potential big sale in the coming month, as I see it.

AlbionInUs

Oct 11, 2019
US
None of the mentioned players are going anywhere within the next two weeks, the market is too slow, the club too unwilling to sell and plenty of the players mentioned are too fresh at this level to be considered by the big dragons.

The only potential "big out" is Davy Pröpper. Ajax need midfielders and if they come waving their fat wallet there could be some action: £20m or so is good, Pröpper would improve his chances to go to the Euros and Bissouma, Stephens, Alzate and Molumby might be considered enough to replace him. Its the only potential big sale in the coming month, as I see it.

£20m for Davy Pröpper is insane... Ajax’s record arrival is around £13m. Davy turns 29 in a couple of days... he is worth £10m at most IMO.

Anyways, I think that we should hold onto our prized assets at least for the season. I don’t think that we should be a selling club, but I don’t think that we should reject all offers either. Players that will help improve our squad won’t join if they realize that there is no exit from Brighton.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't think we'll sell any of the above this window, but I am glad Leicester are looking for a left back rather than a right back. They won't be coming to us !

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I agree that any one of those players could attract a huge bid but let's hope they help us push up the the league and improve our potential to attract even better players than we have now to play alongside them.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.

This needs to be achieved before it is believed. We’re relegation fodder with some promising players. Next year is a big one for the club and it’s assets.

I know you said “if” but there is a common belief we are already a mid-table side. Let just give 20-21 a go first. Not too long ago we hadn’t won a game this year.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here