Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Faulty Printing on Replica Kits.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Has anyone here on NSC had any issues with shirt printing from the club shop this season or previously?

My youngest loves his replica kits and nearly always spends the bulk of his birthday money at the Amex, he’s spent the best part of £200 on the new orange keepers kit + the new home kit this month, each with names and numbers printed.

The home shirt has been terrible, with the name peeling off it almost instantly and I’ve been back twice since to have that one fixed, third time lucky, it’s been 5 days so far and the name is holding ok.

He’s got the keeper kit on today and we’ve just noticed that the name is peeling off that one now, which means that another trip is required to get It sorted. As it stands I’ve had to visit the shop every week since he brought the kits to get them fixed!

Are we just unlucky, or is anyone else having similar issues with theirs? It’s getting boring now and I’d probably be looking for a refund if it wasn’t for the fact that he loves them so much.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I bought a number 3 shirt and it came with a Brighton badge on it? WTF :shrug:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Going to buy one when I can afford it... afraid to be mistaken for a IFK Göteborg fan while in the wrong side of town though.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Has anyone here on NSC had any issues with shirt printing from the club shop this season or previously?

My youngest loves his replica kits and nearly always spends the bulk of his birthday money at the Amex, he’s spent the best part of £200 on the new orange keepers kit + the new home kit this month, each with names and numbers printed.

The home shirt has been terrible, with the name peeling off it almost instantly and I’ve been back twice since to have that one fixed, third time lucky, it’s been 5 days so far and the name is holding ok.

He’s got the keeper kit on today and we’ve just noticed that the name is peeling off that one now, which means that another trip is required to get It sorted. As it stands I’ve had to visit the shop every week since he brought the kits to get them fixed!

Are we just unlucky, or is anyone else having similar issues with theirs? It’s getting boring now and I’d probably be looking for a refund if it wasn’t for the fact that he loves them so much.

My son's name is peeling from the back of his. He wears it a fair bit I suppose.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Is it being washed at 40 degs or less? A hot wash in the machine can cause the lettering to split.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
It’s not a specific problem with Brighton replica shirts, just go on pretty much any professional football club’s forum and you’ll see the same complaint repeated time and time again. The fact is that all premier league teams sell vastly overpriced shirts, alongside additional, expensive ’iron on’ patches, that half the time start peeing off after the first wash.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Too short a time or not hot enough and it doesn't stick enough. Too hot/too long glue degrades and doesn't stick enough.
I'd be insisting they try again with new letters and numbers not just trying to stick the existing ones back down.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Is it being washed at 40 degs or less? A hot wash in the machine can cause the lettering to split.

The home one was peeling off on day one, before it went near the washing machine. Took it back straight away and they peeled off again the following day. Two trips to the shop before it went in the wash. Typically wash them inside out on 40 degs... they just seem worse this year than previous years and wondered if it was a common theme....

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
It’s not a specific problem with Brighton replica shirts, just go on pretty much any professional football club’s forum and you’ll see the same complaint repeated time and time again. The fact is that all premier league teams sell vastly overpriced shirts, alongside additional, expensive ’iron on’ patches, that half the time start peeing off after the first wash.

It’s a shame but I guess you’re right. I’m lucky that I only live 15 minutes from the ground and it’s not the end of the world to visit. Feel sorry for those that have a longer trip and just can’t be arsed and have to write it off.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I have Dunk’s actual shirt he wore at Leeds away in our promotion season. I’ve hand washed it very carefully once as I’m so concerned about the transfers. We bought the home kit 4 years ago with Knockaert on the back and it peeled, last year my lad bought the home kit with Dunk on the back and it’s been fine. I think heat press is very hit and miss, amazing that someone hasn’t come up with something better / more reliable. Personalised screen printing.

D

Deleted member 2719

I had 'Rhubarb the router' on my shirt.

Unfortunately I lost Rhu th er.

Rhubarbthe router.

thedeadone

Jan 17, 2005
West Sussex
Last Season I got printing on the home and away (black) shirts at different times in the store and both times the staff said after printing make sure you only wash at 30c as its got lettering now and don't wash for 24 hours.Went in today to get the new yellow shirt nobody in the que or myself were told any washing info after printing.

I followed the 30c instructions last year and will be sticking with that on the new kits as there were no problems with peeling.

cobbyseagull

Jul 31, 2008

Also worth noting that with any iron on/heat transfer it states should not use any conditioner in wash as this also makes it peel off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here