Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Garmin WTF is going on......

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 2719

Garmin went down for days a few weeks ago, and now they are down for so-called 'maintenance'.

Who is hacking this giant, is it another teenager from Bognor?

WTF is going on, I am fast losing confidence in them.

Anyone else looking to give them the chop???

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There was the hack - possible it has happened again. But also there is a big service provider with issues in the US at the moment affecting a lot of services (ps, Xbox, cloudflare etc)

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
The problem last time was downloading from the app. (Bluetooth) Was able to still do it via a computer the old school way.

D

Deleted member 2719

There was the hack - possible it has happened again. But also there is a big service provider with issues in the US at the moment affecting a lot of services (ps, Xbox, cloudflare etc)

Hadn't realised Cloudflare was affected as I use them.

What issues did it cause them???

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
A company that provides internet access to lots of online services messed up their routing and basically slowed down the internet. Garmin probably suffering along with loads of others.

D

Deleted member 2719

A company that provides internet access to lots of online services messed up their routing and basically slowed down the internet. Garmin probably suffering along with loads of others.

Would they be linked up to myfitnesspal as that is crashing all the time? I am very close to uninstalling it forever.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Garmin went down for days a few weeks ago, and now they are down for so-called 'maintenance'.

Who is hacking this giant, is it another teenager from Bognor?

WTF is going on, I am fast losing confidence in them.

Anyone else looking to give them the chop???

Had no idea people still used Garmin. Googlemaps on the phone every day with no issues

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Had no idea people still used Garmin. Googlemaps on the phone every day with no issues

Most runners with a smart watch use it. It's the most popular brand. People literally used to say "I'm starting my Garmin" at the start of races. It's not a satnav anymore :lolol:

D

Deleted member 2719

Who cares really? You still did your run, presumably enjoyed it........chill out......
I am more concerned that they have been compromised by knocky and he will know my real time for the 5k.

I never use a satnav, and I will only ever use one when I need to drive up to Leeds to find Ben White when he escapes from the small time Albion.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Most runners with a smart watch use it. It's the most popular brand. People literally used to say "I'm starting my Garmin" at the start of races. It's not a satnav anymore :lolol:

Think, based on sales you'll find Garmin is about 3rd maybe even 4th. FitBit and Apple Watch will definitely outsell. Then there's the cheapy Chinese brand that I can't remember the name of (but they are about £5 on eBay and do everything a Fitbit can do).

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Think, based on sales you'll find Garmin is about 3rd maybe even 4th. FitBit and Apple Watch will definitely outsell. Then there's the cheapy Chinese brand that I can't remember the name of (but they are about £5 on eBay and do everything a Fitbit can do).

Maybe on mass sales to count walking steps. Serious runners in official races all used Garmin over the last couple of years. From what Dazzer says that might be changing now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here