Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time of fear?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Where is that from, I couldn't see it in bill you linked to.

That was a summary. If you look at the act schedule 21 contains information about “powers relating to potentially infectious persons”. The act says that someone suspected to be infectious can be required to remain at a specified place for up to 14 days.

Later, in a section about children and these powers, the act says they can only be enacted in relation to children in the presence of someone who is “an individual who has responsibility for the child”. This can be either someone who:

“has custody or charge of the child for the time being”, or
has “parental responsibilities or parental rights in relation to the child”.
The legislation also says “if the child is not accompanied by such an individual,” it would be in the presence of “an adult (not being a person on whom powers are conferred under this Part of this Schedule) that the person exercising the power considers to be appropriate, having regard to any views of the child”.

This would mean a school representative could be considered appropriate if required.

The bill is accessible online if you wish to check.

Last edited:

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
That was a summary. If you look at the act schedule 21 contains information about “powers relating to potentially infectious persons”. The act says that someone suspected to be infectious can be required to remain at a specified place for up to 14 days.

Later, in a section about children and these powers, the act says they can only be enacted in relation to children in the presence of someone who is “an individual who has responsibility for the child”. This can be either someone who:

“has custody or charge of the child for the time being”, or
has “parental responsibilities or parental rights in relation to the child”.
The legislation also says “if the child is not accompanied by such an individual,” it would be in the presence of “an adult (not being a person on whom powers are conferred under this Part of this Schedule) that the person exercising the power considers to be appropriate, having regard to any views of the child”.

This would mean a school representative could be considered appropriate if required.

The bill is accessible online if you wish to check.

And yet I find fact check evidence to the contrary...

Claim
As part of the Coronavirus Act, children can be detained for 14 days without their parents’ consent, and their parents don’t have to be informed, only a teacher, according to a letter from the Children’s Commissioner.

Conclusion
The government says Public Health England can only screen or assess a child for Covid-19 in the presence of an individual like a carer, parent or guardian. It also says they could not detain a child without their parents’ knowledge or consent under the powers in the Coronavirus Act. A child would most likely be asked to self-isolate at home with their family.

Time of fear - yep, people like you are generating it...

What with your NZ Covid Camps, now UK child snatcher policies, stop looking for the bogie man and get on with life as best you can...

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
And yet I find fact check evidence to the contrary...

Claim
As part of the Coronavirus Act, children can be detained for 14 days without their parents’ consent, and their parents don’t have to be informed, only a teacher, according to a letter from the Children’s Commissioner.

Conclusion
The government says Public Health England can only screen or assess a child for Covid-19 in the presence of an individual like a carer, parent or guardian. It also says they could not detain a child without their parents’ knowledge or consent under the powers in the Coronavirus Act. A child would most likely be asked to self-isolate at home with their family.

Time of fear - yep, people like you are generating it...

What with your NZ Covid Camps, now UK child snatcher policies, stop looking for the bogie man and get on with life as best you can...

LOL. The government says when challenged that the words that they wrote aren't what they really mean. What a suprise. Go read the the actual bill and tell me what it says. It clearly gives the ability for someone who isn't the childs parent or carer the right to take them for a test without permission and the bill allows it for 2 years if extended. The words are in black and white can not be disputed. Neither can the fact that the NZ government are planning to force every positive covid case into detainment. It's literally on film from the horses mouth. You can continue to cover you ears and pretend that this stuff isn't happening but you cannot despute the facts that are in plain site. Whatever PHE say the bill allows it to happen if the government wish to exercise it. That is a loss of rights which is what I was bemoaning. As for getting on with my life best I can I promise you I live an incredibly well, full, positive, and happy life but thanks for the advice. I'd wager I'm certainly living a better one that everyone cowering in fear at covid.

I am raising awareness of things I think are important with regard the liberty we all have enjoyed for decades. Isn't it important people know the laws that govern them? You actually had zero idea of the contents of a bill that dramatically changes the governments powers over your life. Scary.

Last edited:

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
LOL. The government says when challenged that the words that they wrote aren't what they really mean. What a suprise. Go read the the actual bill and tell me what it says. It clearly gives the ability for someone who isn't the childs parent or carer the right to take them for a test without permission and the bill allows it for 2 years if extended. The words are in black and white can not be disputed. Neither can the fact that the NZ government are planning to force every positive covid case into detainment. It's literally on film from the horses mouth. You can continue to cover you ears and pretend that this stuff isn't happening but you cannot despute the facts that are in plain site. Whatever PHE say the bill allows it to happen if the government wish to exercise it. That is a loss of rights which is what I was bemoaning. As for getting on with my life best I can I promise you I live an incredibly well, full, positive, and happy life but thanks for the advice. I'd wager I'm certainly living a better one that everyone cowering in fear at covid.

I am raising awareness of things I think are important with regard the liberty we all have enjoyed for decades. Isn't it important people know the laws that govern them? You actually had zero idea of the contents of a bill that dramatically changes the governments powers over your life. Scary.

You are not raising awareness, you are sowing the seeds of fear. Show me the section in the bill that contradicts what I posted, show me evidence of "Covid Camps"...

Actually no, don't bother, your mind is made up, so no point asking you for your "evidence" as it will clearly fit your agenda of fear... Blocked!

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
You are not raising awareness, you are sowing the seeds of fear. Show me the section in the bill that contradicts what I posted, show me evidence of "Covid Camps"...

Actually no, don't bother, your mind is made up, so no point asking you for your "evidence" as it will clearly fit your agenda of fear... Blocked!

Here you go. Easy.

Black and white. If you need me to talk you through the complicated language let me know.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2020/7/schedule/21/enacted

This isn’t peddling fear these are the facts that are contained in the Coronovirus act.

The NZ government saying they are moving people to detainment centres if they are positive. This is a fact not fiction.

https://youtu.be/FMfekukTfSw

We can all pretend this stuff isn’t happening in blissful ignorance but you actually can not argue with the reality of what these laws enable if so required by whoever may be in charge at whatever time they are in place.

Oh I’ve seen you’ve flounced in the face of evidence.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
I hadn’t flounced, just got bored of talking to a brick wall - if for one minute the end of that video is even remotely genuine, then the NZ PM needs to see a good dentist as there is clearly something wrong with her mouth... like a badly dubbed cleaning product ad!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I hadn’t flounced, just got bored of talking to a brick wall - if for one minute the end of that video is even remotely genuine, then the NZ PM needs to see a good dentist as there is clearly something wrong with her mouth... like a badly dubbed cleaning product ad!

[emoji23]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here