Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Booing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
At the end of the knee for support of the Black Life Matters campaign at Kick Off.

It sounded like 2 or 3 people, at about the middle of the East Stand around where the corporate seats are, booed.

Did anyone else see or hear this. If they did was anything done by the stewards.

el punal

At the end of the knee for support of the Black Life Matters campaign at Kick Off.

It sounded like 2 or 3 people, at about the middle of the East Stand around where the corporate seats are, booed.

Did anyone else see or hear this. If they did was anything done by the stewards.

We’re they wearing MAGA caps?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Heard some booing of the lino during the game.

Love a good boo. Things returning to normal.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.

Yeah, we heard a massive boo come from just behind us. Can see why people are getting fed up with the BLM stuff. Heard a few mutterings of Oh **** sake when they took the knee.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
There was a bloke near the back of the East Upper who booed and turned his back to the pitch. Personally I think he is as entitled to his opinion as much as the players, but he got a bit of abuse for it.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Wanting racially motivated murder not to happen shouldn't really be controversial.

I can understand why some might not want to get involved (maybe because they feel like, it's the issue of another country or there are other causes closer to their heart which are being ignored) fine. But booing it? Blatant racists

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

It was definitely from the East Upper (didn’t see where but behind where I was, I think more towards the south end). It was only a couple of boos......bound to be a knobend or two even in 2500.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Okay, thanks for this, it was not just me. Shocking that some fans will not support our players, club and staff.

Hopefully the CCTV can help identify them.

Makes me ashamed to be an Albion fan.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Is it in for the season ?

I hope the club aren’t expecting us fans to ‘take the new’ because I’d never get back up now.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
There was a bloke near the back of the East Upper who booed and turned his back to the pitch. Personally I think he is as entitled to his opinion as much as the players, but he got a bit of abuse for it.

If someone turn their back or sigh or something, fine let em do that if it brings joy to them, but booing it is some stupid shit. Its fine to express opinions but booing doing the gesture is a poor way of expressing them. Someone who does that is just being provocative for no good reason.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Not joining in with a protest, is fine - that is exercising your right to your opinion.

Booing other people, exercising their right to protest, is less acceptable.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not surprised, people are going to watch a football match

......and every time Sky Sports News shows a few seconds of the highlights, they seem compelled to include the players giving the knee as part of the 'highlights'. It's starting to look more like a token gesture than a useful contribution to racial equality.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Wanting racially motivated murder not to happen shouldn't really be controversial.

I can understand why some might not want to get involved (maybe because they feel like, it's the issue of another country or there are other causes closer to their heart which are being ignored) fine. But booing it? Blatant racists

Blatant SJW, PCP, Woke, Leftist militant, Snowflake, blah blah... Btw, I don’t think you are any of those,just putting boot on other foot in an effort to make you see that name calling immediately stifles debate and a huge part of racist issue in this country starts with this very accusation of anyone holding a different view.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Agreed - booing anything like that is just attention seeking bellendary. By all means don’t agree, turn your back but booing is not right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here