Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma and Alzate

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Possibly the best and most exciting central midfield partnership we’ve ever had?

I am so excited about the prospect of watching these 2 dominate midfields this season. It’s what we’ve struggled with most since promotion and the most important area we needed to improve to move up to the next level.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
EF3D55DC-6EBA-420B-B408-ECC7CC8884D9.jpeg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Possibly the best and most exciting central midfield partnership we’ve ever had?

I am so excited about the prospect of watching these 2 dominate midfields this season. It’s what we’ve struggled with most since promotion and the most important area we needed to improve to move up to the next level.

....with the experience of Lallana alongside. Mouthwatering.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

The right thread, and the right opening post. Let's hope they produce what they promise.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Bissouma has come on leaps and bounds and is starting to look like a complete midfielder. We'll be fending off some serious bids

Alzate. How can he be so progressive whilst retaining possession so often? Fabulous prospect.

Molumby, I could see him being like a Kante deepest member of the midfield type. Tidy, confident and Impressive start to his first team career

I don't write off Dale or Davy who are both still very good players, but they will know there is serious competition for those midfield places

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Two things...

Bissouma is 70% on the way to protecting the ball like Vicente
Alzate is 70% on the way to being as comfortable on the ball as Vicente

Agree with the OP - huge potential.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Agree..

Bissouma just gets better and better. And Alzate, pretty much from his debut has had unbelievable confidence and he has the talent to back it up.

Funny, I was about to say what a shame it is that he didn’t declare himself ‘English’, but then I expect that wally Southgate wouldn’t pick him anyway!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Agreed. Across the whole squad is exciting too, Lamptey, Tross, MacAllister, Lallana, Veltman, White, Maupay and Connolly. Definitely mouth watering and feel much more confident this season than any of the last 3 seasons.

Brighton fans, careful what you wish for, lol.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Yep :thumbsup:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What i noticed today was the midfield stopped Chelsea On the halfway line by fouling if need be, as opposed to the likes of Stephens waiting until they’re just outside the box. It’s something most of the top teams do but we have been too nice. Breaking up play is so important

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I honestly think Molumby will be better then both Biss and Alzate. Beyond his technical ability the young man has presence on a pitch only the best players have that at this level and how old is he 20-21?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I honestly think Molumby will be better then both Biss and Alzate. Beyond his technical ability the young man has presence on a pitch only the best players have that at this level and how old is he 20-21?

I certainly agree he has a lot of potential. As good as Bissouma maybe? Strikes me as more of an old fashioned Nobby Horton type of player though. Really looked to get stuck in. Definite crowd pleaser I think.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
If I HAD to be critical, then I hope we can increase our goal output from midfield. Alzate pre lockdown had a habit of waiting too long to get a shot away and whilst we know Biss can hit them, it's less accurate than it can be.

The great thing is that they both have youth on their side and working on and off the pitch with players like Lallana can only benefit them. Stephens and Propper will still play and still definitely have a role in the team but this might be the emergence of a new CM partnership.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I certainly agree he has a lot of potential. As good as Bissouma maybe? Strikes me as more of an old fashioned Nobby Horton type of player though. Really looked to get stuck in. Definite crowd pleaser I think.

I remember when we signed him as a kid I looked at a couple of YouTube clips and he was incredibly talented flicks, control etc he looked very composed even at a young age. He's turned into something different he has a bit of steal about him which is the kid turning into a man, those kind of players always excite me because they've got different aspects to their game in their locker.

https://twitter.com/millwallfc/status/1219191722695102464?lang=en

https://www.facebook.com/irishfootb...olumby-leading-to-fellow-iri/995051470857638/

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Let's not get to carried away it's a friendly let's see what happens when we face Chelsea for reall and then after 10 games but having said all that what I saw of it we look good

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
New striker

Lallana Bissouma Alzate.

Molumby
March/new. Lamptey
Dunk. White. Webster

Ryan

Sneaky top 10 finish on paddy power?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Potentially maybe. We had some pretty good midfielders in the old first division.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Let's not get to carried away it's a friendly let's see what happens when we face Chelsea for reall and then after 10 games but having said all that what I saw of it we look good

True, that may well be a different animal altogether - I'd happily settle now for the same result again. Think this thread should be Bissouma and Alzate and Molumby though.
Sanders looked up for it too - but maybe a Championship loan for him, to build on last season?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

I agree that Molumby looks very promising but not sure better than the other two.

I do agree with you about presence too. In fact, that’s something all three of them have. Real confidence verging on justified arrogance that they belong at that level. I don’t think any of them will be overawed by any opposition this season. I’ve loved watching Alzate and Bissouma play for us and looks like I’m going to enjoy Molumby too.

This midfield is exactly what we’ve needed since promotion, I honestly expect big things. I am so excited about this season, my mojo is immeasurable at the moment!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here