Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What an enjoyable watch...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ok, only managed the 2nd half as was busy but:

1) Fans were fantastic - 2,500 sounded way louder than 20k and a drum at CPFC2010 for example - hats off to those who sang throughout. Great White song mugging off Leeds (easily done) and glad to hear Lamptey has one too.

2) Lovely scenes at end where Potter and the players went to the fans - a clear ‘we’ve missed you’ message.

3) Only a friendly but brilliant performance. Chelsea literally created nothing 2nd half. We looked intricate and lively throughout.

4) Changed the whole team and still had a class team out there at end - squad depth great.

5) Molumby excellent! Special mentions to Lamptey, Bernardo & Macallister too who all looked good.

Can’t wait for 2 weeks - up the Albion :thumbsup:

Last edited:

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Thought Bissouma ran the game again. Hope he can consistently do it this year.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
In 50 odd years watching the Albion, we have never had a squad nearly as good as this one.

In fact, our 20 best players could all get injured and they'd still run in double figures against some of thew Albion teams there have been in that time

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
A little thing I enjoyed. The sarcastic cheer for the lino after he gave us an offside. No amount of fake sound can make up for genuine crowd reactions. That's what football is all about

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Didnt watch. Just seen team. Can somebody say what formation was in first half

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
A little thing I enjoyed. The sarcastic cheer for the lino after he gave us an offside. No amount of fake sound can make up for genuine crowd reactions. That's what football is all about

Brings a tear to her eye I tell 'e.

Will be remembered as a first after...during Covid, first paying customers at a football match? :O

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Didnt watch. Just seen team. Can somebody say what formation was in first half

5-3-2, but with Solly getting forward more than Veltman, so moving to a 442 at times.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Other than their offside/handball goal they didn't create much at all. I know they were missing players but I thought we were excellent. Most i have enjoyed a friendly since they last came down here.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Other than their offside/handball goal they didn't create much at all. I know they were missing players but I thought we were excellent. Most i have enjoyed a friendly since they last came down here.

That's true, but then neither did we.

Not criticising after a tidy performance against a top side, but the question of whether we can open teams up enough so what we don't spend every spring s******* it, remains unanswered

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Thoroughly enjoyable afternoon. God I've missed Football/Cricket/Rugby.

All seemed to go smoothly so can only hope the return of fans in greater numbers will not be long delayed.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thoroughly enjoyable afternoon. God I've missed Football/Cricket/Rugby.

All seemed to go smoothly so can only hope the return of fans in greater numbers will not be long delayed.

Is it still 1st Oct the plan do you know? So nobody can go to our first 2 home games...?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here