Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Propper?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
‘Mediocre’ Propper is going to join little old 4 times European Champions Ajax. :lolol:

I notice that this thread is very Un NSC. Normally when a player is out of the team his ability and skill level increases, not poor old Davy, he is becoming more shitehouse by the page.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
‘Mediocre’ Propper is going to join little old 4 times European Champions Ajax. :lolol:

Ah, ‘mediocre Premier League player’. Which doesn’t make him bad. Stand by what I said.

You think he’s an excellent Premier League player? If so there’d be top 4 teams sniffing around.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I notice that this thread is very Un NSC. Normally when a player is out of the team his ability and skill level increases, not poor old Davy, he is becoming more shitehouse by the page.

You think? Wow, it seems to me Davy is LOVED on NSC.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ah, ‘mediocre Premier League player’. Which doesn’t make him bad. Stand by what I said.

You think he’s an excellent Premier League player? If so there’d be top 4 teams sniffing around.

Classic strawman, create an diversion argument that isn’t there. I’ve never once said he’s an ‘excellent’ PL player. I have countered your assertions that he’s ‘mediocre’ or not good enough. You don’t join Ajax if you’re mediocre. If they’re looking at him, which they may well be, then it’s because he is a quality player.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

They sign players that they need and that fit, not necessarily the best ones. Take Dusan Tadic as example, good but not that special in Southampton and then a key player in the Ajax that went to the CL semi-final.

Currently they need one or two experienced midfielders brought up with the Dutch style of playing and Pröpper is one of the few candidates that fits the description.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
They sign players that they need and that fit, not necessarily the best ones. Take Dusan Tadic as example, good but not that special in Southampton and then a key player in the Ajax that went to the CL semi-final.

Currently they need one or two experienced midfielders brought up with the Dutch style of playing and Pröpper is one of the few candidates that fits the description.

Interesting comparison, Tadic made 134 PL appearances in 4 seasons, missing only 18 games across that period. He was a key player under Koeman but under Mark Hughes and Southampton selling many of their key players, he wanted a move back to Holland. As I said above, you don't move to Ajax because you're mediocre, by all accounts Tadic had other PL offers, but wanted the Ajax move. I'm not saying Propper is special or excellent, I'm just saying he is a lot better than mediocre.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Interesting comparison, Tadic made 134 PL appearances in 4 seasons, missing only 18 games across that period. He was a key player under Koeman but under Mark Hughes and Southampton selling many of their key players, he wanted a move back to Holland. As I said above, you don't move to Ajax because you're mediocre, by all accounts Tadic had other PL offers, but wanted the Ajax move. I'm not saying Propper is special or excellent, I'm just saying he is a lot better than mediocre.
Something that absolutely doesn't need to be said and yet here we are.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What can you do? :rolleyes::cool:

Ignore it.

Haters gonna hate.

Some of the utter utter bollox fans write about players of the team they say they support is bewildering, but at no point will it ever be surprising.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

I both agree and disagree. I think he is a good player but a mediocre PL player. His best position barely exists in England, or at least not below the top teams, and the way PL teams play often directly counter his role - its pretty much the same reason van Gaal was struggling in United. Pröpper is a Seedorf/De Zeeuw/Wijnaldum type of player - their job is to circulate the ball within the team, and never lose it. Pröpper does the first part well but struggles to cope with the intensity of English midfields.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/18044723.legends-like-look-davy-propper/

Mediocre he is not.

Compared to a 60mil now Barcelona player by a Dutch legend not so long back.

The guy is class. He doesn't have the attributes/personality to drag along the less gifted players in the team and grab a game by the scruff of the neck, but that doesn't mean he's not top quality. Put him in a top 6 side and he wouldn't look out of place.

The more we progress under Potter and get better players around him the more he will shine. It's a real testament to the club and Potter that Propper's place is genuinely under threat with the emergence of Alzate, Molumby and Bissouma. Exciting times and hopefully we keep Propper for the foreseeable to help us along the way.

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Some of the utter utter bollox fans write about players of the team they say they support is bewildering, but at no point will it ever be surprising.

15 minutes earlier:

marchy.jpg

Mr Righteous... when it fits.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
15 minutes earlier:

View attachment 127874

Mr Righteous... when it fits.

Tell me where I slag off Solly, call him mediocre, insist he's binned off.

The club has:-

A centre back converted to LWB.
A LB seemingly unfancied by the manager at LWB
&
A LW slowly being moved back in the line up.

That's why the club has LWB on the shopping list.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here