Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Propper?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
He is not an attacking midfielder. He does not have the speed, the shooting or passing ability to be considered an attacking midfielder.

I can only imagine that this nonsense comes from his 3 goals for Holland. He has only been used as an AM a few times for Holland and his goals came against Bulgaria and Belarus.

Look at the below stats for his 100 (One Hundred) league games for BHA

Attack
Goals2
Goals per match 0.02
Headed goals 1
Goals with right foot 1
Goals with left foot 0
Penalties scored 0
Freekicks scored 0
Shots 80
Shots on target1 5
Shooting accuracy % = 19%
Hit woodwork 2
Big chances missed 6

Team Play
Assists 7
Passes 4,384
Passes per match 43.84
Big chances created 7
Crosses 67
Cross accuracy % =15%
Through balls 7
Accurate long balls 258

Shooting accuracy 19%? Nahh, it's never that high

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I've said about Davy a few times. In the final third, he's no better than the midfielders we had when playing at Gillingham. I don't fancy him in the defensive third too much either. In the middle third, he's an absolute maestro.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I've said about Davy a few times. In the final third, he's no better than the midfielders we had when playing at Gillingham. I don't fancy him in the defensive third too much either. In the middle third, he's an absolute maestro.

Utter bollocks. gillingham was the worse of the worse. Comparing any of our players with the players we had at Gillingham is just criminal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Utter bollocks. gillingham was the worse of the worse. Comparing any of our players with the players we had at Gillingham is just criminal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll refer you to Biscuit Barrels statistics

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You say that - and yes he's good on the ball and has a nice turn. But in 100 games at BHA, he has 2 goals, 7 assists, and 19% on target shooting accuracy. For a player of his ability, I'd expect better than that tbh.

He has his merits, but I don't think we're gonna miss him overly if he moves on. Not with what we have coming through.

I agree with everything. And if there was a central midfielder in the squad likely to contribute a bit more in terms of goals and assists, I would probably prefer that one as a starter. As things stand I think a midfield trio of Bissouma, Lallana and Pröpper will be starting most games at least the first half of the season. Alzate probably initially going to be treated with baby gloves considering his injury history.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You say that - and yes he's good on the ball and has a nice turn. But in 100 games at BHA, he has 2 goals, 7 assists, and 19% on target shooting accuracy. For a player of his ability, I'd expect better than that tbh.

He has his merits, but I don't think we're gonna miss him overly if he moves on. Not with what we have coming through.

You can say that for all of our midfielders really. Propper, Stephens, Biss, Mooy, all piss poor scoring records.

scooter1

How soon is now?
I agree with everything. And if there was a central midfielder in the squad likely to contribute a bit more in terms of goals and assists, I would probably prefer that one as a starter. As things stand I think a midfield trio of Bissouma, Lallana and Pröpper will be starting most games at least the first half of the season. Alzate probably initially going to be treated with baby gloves considering his injury history.

Alzate injury history? Go on....

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Alzate injury history? Go on....

Swindon loan ended due to a lengthy injury (5 months). In October he missed a Colombia U23 call-up because of injury. Then injured again in March (5 months). Thats 10 months out with injury since January 2019, definitely a reason to be cautious.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Appears we are in the minority on this one

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Propper fans. Put it this way.

What PL clubs would buy him from us? Honestly. West Brom? Fulham? Think about it.

2 goals in his Albion career, a few assists. And that’s it. Lovely guy, cool hair. I love Dutch football, and he was good for us as a newly promoted (Hughton) team. He’s been exposed a bit since GP took over, similar to Dale. No shame, this is elite sport, but the good teams don’t stagnate, we must evolve.

If we want to be better then one place above relegation it’s a must.

I will remain open minded this season if he does stay. Happy to be proved wrong.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Swindon loan ended due to a lengthy injury (5 months). In October he missed a Colombia U23 call-up because of injury. Then injured again in March (5 months). Thats 10 months out with injury since January 2019, definitely a reason to be cautious.
He required a small groin op in March this year that was put on hold due to COVID, this couldn’t then be done until after we’d all come out of lock down but necessitated that he missed ‘restart’. This doesn’t equate to 5 real months, you’ve just over egged the pudding. And he missed a Columbia friendly due to a knock.... again, over egged.
I’m going to take an uneducated punt that the Swindon loan got curtailed in spring and your ‘5 months’ include the the summer break....

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Sometimes 2+2=5
Just saying......

From The Athletic:
Manchester United are on the brink of signing Holland midfielder Donny van de Beek from Ajax, reports Adam Crafton.
Van De Beek, 23, is a Holland international and he formed a major part of the Ajax team that reached the Champions League semi-finals in 2018-19, where they lost to Tottenham Hotspur on away goals. His performances that season in midfield for Ajax, who won the Eredivisie and Dutch Cup, led to him being on the 30-man shortlist for last year’s Ballon d’Or.
Reports in Holland said United had agreed a deal that could rise to €45 million for the midfielder. Sources close to United insist a deal is yet to be fully ratified but it is understood a deal had all but been struck by Sunday evening. Ajax declined to comment.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Big chances created for the opposition would be an interesting individual stat. Those where you're caught in possession or give the ball away carelessly. The main incidents in my memory seem to involve DP but not sure if this is factual.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Alzate spent the second half of last season / post lockdown recovering from a groin. If he's fully over that now (and his cameo on Saturday would suggest he is), then IMO he's ahead of Propper. He's comfortable receiving in tight spaces, has the quick footwork, and uses his body well to shield the ball - PLUS - he plays with his head up and really looks to make things happen. Propper is clearly a talented player, but he disappears too much for me and doesn't influence things enough. This is Alzate's time, and I'd have him in CM ahead of Davy all day long.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Propper fans. Put it this way.

What PL clubs would buy him from us? Honestly. West Brom? Fulham? Think about it.

2 goals in his Albion career, a few assists. And that’s it. Lovely guy, cool hair. I love Dutch football, and he was good for us as a newly promoted (Hughton) team. He’s been exposed a bit since GP took over, similar to Dale. No shame, this is elite sport, but the good teams don’t stagnate, we must evolve.

If we want to be better then one place above relegation it’s a must.

I will remain open minded this season if he does stay. Happy to be proved wrong.

So Jack Cork got 2 goals in 114 apps for Southampton, 2 goals for Swansea in 80 apps, and 3 goals for Burnley in 105 apps. He doesn’t miss a game for Burnley unless suspended or injured. He doesn’t really score or create goals but he is the dynamo of their team. Just because Propper doesn’t do the things you or [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] or anyone else thinks he should be doing, doesn’t make him a bad player.

If he was up for sale I think you’d be surprised who would come in for him. Potter had all sorts of options last season but Propper still made 35 out of 38 league appearances. Hardly the exposed player the manager didn’t want to use.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Alzate spent the second half of last season / post lockdown recovering from a groin. If he's fully over that now (and his cameo on Saturday would suggest he is), then IMO he's ahead of Propper. He's comfortable receiving in tight spaces, has the quick footwork, and uses his body well to shield the ball - PLUS - he plays with his head up and really looks to make things happen. Propper is clearly a talented player, but he disappears too much for me and doesn't influence things enough. This is Alzate's time, and I'd have him in CM ahead of Davy all day long.

So I gave you a mention above but wouldn’t disagree with your post above. We may we’ll be strong enough in midfield this season that a talented player like Propper isn’t first choice. Still see him having a big part to play though, especially in tactics where we might got to a 3 in CM.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
So Jack Cork got 2 goals in 114 apps for Southampton, 2 goals for Swansea in 80 apps, and 3 goals for Burnley in 105 apps. He doesn’t miss a game for Burnley unless suspended or injured. He doesn’t really score or create goals but he is the dynamo of their team. Just because Propper doesn’t do the things you or [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] or anyone else thinks he should be doing, doesn’t make him a bad player.

If he was up for sale I think you’d be surprised who would come in for him. Potter had all sorts of options last season but Propper still made 35 out of 38 league appearances. Hardly the exposed player the manager didn’t want to use.

Thank you for a reasonable response [emoji482]

To be clear, I don’t think he’s a bad player. He’s a very solid mediocre Premier League pro.

Doesn’t make him bad, but if we’re making moves or aspiring to be top 10 he’s an area that could be improved.

I don’t think we have any ‘bad’ players now tbh. We’re talking elite levels.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
To be clear, I don’t think he’s a bad player. He’s a very solid mediocre Premier League pro.

Doesn’t make him bad, but if we’re making moves or aspiring to be top 10 he’s an area that could be improved.

I don’t think we have any ‘bad’ players now tbh. We’re talking elite levels.

We’re talking in context of our squad, development setup, and transfer and salary limits. At the moment, while Alzate and Bissouma may well take his first choice spots, it isn’t set in stone and Propper is likely still very much in Potter’s thinking.

If we’re making moves to be top 10 and elite levels we will need strength in depth. Then Burn as a makeshift LB who kept Bernardo out of the team, another wide player, another striker would all be areas ahead of Propper imho who as a ‘mediocre’ player has 19 international appearances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here