Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kids photo ID at todays game ????

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
it appears the club are asking for photo id at todays game (which is fine ill take my driving licence card)

but what do we do for kids as they generally dont have photo id except for passport and I dont want to take that to a football match for obvious reasons

Anyone know if they will accept a photo of his passport on my phone or whether they really are bothered about kids id today???

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
it appears the club are asking for photo id at todays game (which is fine ill take my driving licence card)

but what do we do for kids as they generally dont have photo id except for passport and I dont want to take that to a football match for obvious reasons

Anyone know if they will accept a photo of his passport on my phone or whether they really are bothered about kids id today???

I'm not sure whether kids id will be a concern. I did have correspondence with the club confirming bus id cards would be sufficient but no idea if that helps

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

I'd go with the passport option for the kids mate. I don't relish taking my passport to football either (only had to ever do it once before, for a league game in Italy) but like your kids, I don't have a driver's licence, so don't see any alternative really. Maybe just best to jump through the hoops today for the greater good?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'd go with the passport option for the kids mate. I don't relish taking my passport to football either (only had to ever do it once before, for a league game in Italy) but like your kids, I don't have a driver's licence, so don't see any alternative really. Maybe just best to jump through the hoops today for the greater good?

My wife doesn't have a drivers licence either, we were contemplating taking her work swipe card which has her photo on but worried this might not be acceptable. We have decided to take this and her passport today and if the swipe card is acceptable then use this for future games.

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
I’m not taking my passport so my concessionary bus pass will have to do, if I can’t get in, I’ll just catch the next bus home (actually going by train, but never mind).

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
My wife doesn't have a drivers licence either, we were contemplating taking her work swipe card which has her photo on but worried this might not be acceptable. We have decided to take this and her passport today and if the swipe card is acceptable then use this for future games.

Think it's all veering towards having your photo imprinted on your ST card

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
photo of passport on your phone should be good enough as its mainly about factual details for track and trace rather than aggro isnt it???

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I said the same thing - many kids won't have any form of photo and, for those that do, a passport may be the only one. It strikes me as unreasonable to have to take a passport.

I'm not sure whether kids id will be a concern. I did have correspondence with the club confirming bus id cards would be sufficient but no idea if that helps

Someone else mentioned a bus card on this subject previously. Maybe it's common to have such a card in Brighton (or some other places) but here in sleepy Worthing, I've never heard of such a thing.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Would be a sensible option going forward although can you imaging what the moans will be from those who love a moan if that happened

On the downside tho, might mean the end of the proud and honourable tradition of passing your ST to a mate for a game that you can't make

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Looks like we are getting close to the point where I'll have to give up my paper driving licence for one of these new fandangled ones with a photograph :rolleyes:

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
I’m not taking my passport so my concessionary bus pass will have to do, if I can’t get in, I’ll just catch the next bus home (actually going by train, but never mind).
Bus pass is accepted by Easyjet for internal flights. My Mother used hers as she only flies to Edinburgh these days.

If the name matches the ticket, can't see an issue.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Someone else mentioned a bus card on this subject previously. Maybe it's common to have such a card in Brighton (or some other places) but here in sleepy Worthing, I've never heard of such a thing.

Eh? Millions of us have got bus passes, and they have photos on them. Good for the Albion if they accept them - they certainly should, because you have to provide evidence of identity to get one in the first place. It's annoying that many places don't - for instance, if you haven't got a passport and only have a paper driving licence you can't scrap a car or sell one to a dealer - bloody ridiculous.

And this in a country that is proud its citizens don't have to carry identity cards!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here