Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
A few new grounds this week, seeing Spurs v Tottenham's game tonight courtesy of a spare ticket, got Leatherhead v Lewes on Tuesday night, before Sporting Bengal United v St Margaretsbury on Wednesday, after my last visit was called off due to rain. On track for 173 games this season, taking into account that some get moved/cancelled.

The King

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

Hoping for a good game at Leatherhead, saw Lewes thrash them earlier in the season, but they've had a complete management change since then, so maybe a tougher test with about 5 or 6 ex football league players there, like Jacob Mellis, Jermaine McGlashan and Alex Samizadeh. Got 7 games in 7 days next week, so should be a decent one.

SpongebobSquarepants

Jun 16, 2006
Sunny Worthing
A few new grounds this week, seeing Spurs v Tottenham's game tonight courtesy of a spare ticket, got Leatherhead v Lewes on Tuesday night, before Sporting Bengal United v St Margaretsbury on Wednesday, after my last visit was called off due to rain. On track for 173 games this season, taking into account that some get moved/cancelled.

Who do you want to win Spurs or Tottenham?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
173 games Trust you are not married. 20 Albion games and I still get odd look of disapproval from wife sometimes when I tell her going to Albion and have not put it in the diary.

I can confirm I am single :lolol: , I did tell my last Tinder date before I met her quite explicitly, that until May I am only available selected Mondays and Thursdays, I did not get a second date.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I can confirm I am single :lolol: , I did tell my last Tinder date before I met her quite explicitly, that until May I am only available selected Mondays and Thursdays, I did not get a second date.

Did you mention this was football related? Otherwise it sounds like you're on parole

Rock Lobster

Dec 2, 2010
Hastings
Me too and I managed to snap Pope getting his hat-trick there today as well. 20th of the season for him.

View attachment 145772

I was stood to the left of the green advertising hoarding behind that goal. I think that first half was the best I've seen the side play this season.
Unfortunately can't get to Cray this weekend as I'm working in the morning, thinking of going to either Bexhill/Sidley/Hollington...

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
I was stood to the left of the green advertising hoarding behind that goal. I think that first half was the best I've seen the side play this season.
Unfortunately can't get to Cray this weekend as I'm working in the morning, thinking of going to either Bexhill/Sidley/Hollington...

Would quite like to go to Cray as it would be a new ground for me , otherwise will be either Worthing or Bexhill depending on unavoidable commitments .

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Worthing won again last night , 1 nil at East Thurrock , att 173 .
Now 13 points clear , looking good for automatic promotion :thumbsup:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Hoping for a good game at Leatherhead, saw Lewes thrash them earlier in the season, but they've had a complete management change since then, so maybe a tougher test with about 5 or 6 ex football league players there, like Jacob Mellis, Jermaine McGlashan and Alex Samizadeh. Got 7 games in 7 days next week, so should be a decent one.

It doesn't sound like you enjoyed much of a good game last night if you went to the Leatherhead game

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
It doesn't sound like you enjoyed much of a good game last night if you went to the Leatherhead game

Probably one of the worst ones I've seen this season, never a penalty, but the Leatherhead manager was incredibly entertaining never the less.

PFW

Feb 16, 2017
The foot hills of Norfolk
Went to see Kings Lynn vs Woking last night. That was 2 hours of my life I wont get back!!!
Used to follow Woking quite a bit back in the 90s. When they were arguable the best non league team in those days. This was the first time I have seen them in a few seasons, and they are certainly no comparisons between then and now. They do say nether go back!!!!!!

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Went to see Kings Lynn vs Woking last night. That was 2 hours of my life I wont get back!!!
Used to follow Woking quite a bit back in the 90s. When they were arguable the best non league team in those days. This was the first time I have seen them in a few seasons, and they are certainly no comparisons between then and now. They do say nether go back!!!!!!

Only time I've seen Woking is when we went there in er the 90s?

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Probably one of the worst ones I've seen this season, never a penalty, but the Leatherhead manager was incredibly entertaining never the less.
Thurrock v Worthing wasn't a great spectacle last night either. Both sides adopting long ball tactics on an uneven, sticky pitch. Worthing just about deserved the win in from of 173 with Callum Kealy smashing home his 8th league goal since joining on loan. Thurrock also denied what looked like a stonewall penalty late on.
3 important points, 9 games left to play with the th 3 out of the next 4 also away from home.

PFW

Feb 16, 2017
The foot hills of Norfolk
Yep, a goalless draw in the FA Cup, 1992/93 season l think.
The game in the 1992/93 season ended in a 2-1 victory for the Albion, after a 1-1 draw at the Goldstone. They also played each other in 2010 when it was the goalless draw.
Am I right in thinking that the day of the Woking replay in 1992 Brighton had a winding up order heard in the courts but were given a stay of execution, so the game could go ahead. I'm sure there is someone more qualified on here than me who knows better!!!!

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Saw Woking winning the FA Trophy three times at the old Wembley having a player called Clive Walker in the squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here