Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
You beat me to it :thumbsup:

We were sat in the stand behind to the right of the Hastings dugout. It wasn't until Chalmers scored the opener that we realised quite how many had come from Hastings - everyone around us in the stand had.

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Enjoyed seeing Adam el Abd turning out for Whitehawk at Burgess Hill today. I last saw him coming towards me totally naked in The Triangle gym changing rooms asking if I knew where his towel was. Another good result for Hill, Whitehawk very ordinary.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Great day out in Weymouth yesterday. Awful game but a 92 nd minute winner as Aldershot pull 14 points clear of the drop . Some decent pubs found on a very mild day on the coast .

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Great day out in Weymouth yesterday. Awful game but a 92 nd minute winner as Aldershot pull 14 points clear of the drop . Some decent pubs found on a very mild day on the coast .

I looked at making the trip for that one until I saw the rail works and a five hours and a bit journey.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Went to East grinstead v Sevenoaks, Ok ish game EG won 2.1 in front of 366 attendance their biggest crowd this season.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Went to whitehawk to see the mighty AFC southwick v Westfield in the mid Sussex premier league.2 nil AFC won.not a bad game 8 minutes in Westfield striker decides for no reason to thump AFC central defender who duly goes down anywhere else it's assault . outrageous.2 real ales on both very good .food good .Attila on pa playing plenty of cracking tunes crowd about 44 all in all well worth the journey there.also only 10 minute break at HT.up the wickers

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
I looked at making the trip for that one until I saw the rail works and a five hours and a bit journey.

The trains were fine down from Woking thankfully 2 an hour to Weymouth, I was expecting something to go wrong but it never happened. Even managed 2 hours in Winchester on the way back .

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Went on a first visit to the LNER Azuma Stadium, to watch York City take on top of the league Gateshead. An odd stadium right on the edge of town, with a huge bowling alley above one stand. Big Clayton Donaldson came on to score the scruffiest equaliser I have ever seen, a true sight to behold, literally carried it in. £6 for a pint of Strongbow Dark Fruits as well, even bad for London. There was a protest against the owner, who seems to be de-investing in the team a bit, a strong league though the National League North.

View attachment 144485

I love reading about your travels, Jack, and have always thought that photos would make your posts even better.

Keep 'em coming.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Well done Ashford FC :thumbsup:

Interesting. At half time in front of the main stand a bloke who's a steward at the Pilot Field was having a rant Ashford's stewards about an incident that had happened involving an Ashford fan. That was half time not the 'aftermath' though. Maybe he carried it on at full time. :shrug:

All that aside I thought Ashford's supporters, officials/volunteers etc yesterday were fantastic - so welcoming and friendly and a credit to non-league football.

mjking73

Apr 17, 2013
Littlehampton
Wouldn't call it a major surprise, Littlehampton have been riding their luck for a few games now. Well beaten in the Vase (although probably reinstated), won a narrow one at Broadbridge Heath and then scraped a draw against Pagham midweek. Saltdean are a good side, they had a debutant keeper who made an unbelievable save at the death to prevent it ending 4-4. I understand that Joe was told he'd be out for 4-6 weeks, depending on how the physio goes, so we won't be seeing him for a while yet. Should have enough to beat Loxwood on Tuesday, but then another tough looking one at home to Peacehaven on Saturday. Really thin on the ground at the moment, could do without playing twice a week that's for sure.

They could also get into a spot of bother with the FA, there's a group of 'yoof' who have attached themselves to the club. They generate a great atmosphere but are doing things and singing songs which you certainly wouldn't get away with at The Amex, shall we say. The referee had to intervene and ask the Littlehampton manager to have a word with them at one point, I expect it will go into his report.
Hi JV.

One of them, certainly not a 'yoof', he was older than us, had to be told to leave the ground after entering the field of play, otherwise the game wouldn't restart.

After Saltdean scored one of their oafs of a coach, goaded the LA fans, not very clever. A couple of punches and a few Alan Mullery coins were thrown.

All good "fun" for £6. Agreed the defence looks a bit ropey but the team, even without Mr Benn, who may be back in a week or two, will always score goals.

Sent from my moto g(10) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Carshalton Athletic v Merstham tonight, not a new ground but a 1-0 win for the home side from a cracking 25 yard strike. Toby Bull was man of the match in the Merstham goal, confident and really good with his feet, didn’t expect to be loan scouting tonight!

737300EE-3B6B-465B-AEE0-C6B668E15CE1.jpeg

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Carshalton Athletic v Merstham tonight, not a new ground but a 1-0 win for the home side from a cracking 25 yard strike. Toby Bull was man of the match in the Merstham goal, confident and really good with his feet, didn’t expect to be loan scouting tonight!

View attachment 144563

Crikey, after all the talk of massively increased attendances across the non-league game this season, that didn't appear to be the case at the War Memorial last night!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
All that aside I thought Ashford's supporters, officials/volunteers etc yesterday were fantastic - so welcoming and friendly and a credit to non-league football.

Blimey they weren't like that when they were in SCEFL. Guess they are no longer a big fish in a small pond.

Do they still have the worlds worst 3G pitch?

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
There are plenty of non league fixtures tonight but I think I'll stay local and head to Littlehampteon v Loxwood.
Tomorrow off to Kingstonian v Worthing in the League Cup.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here