Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
That's a shame we weren't at home ,at least you found somewhere which showed the Albion game. It's the only pub in Leiston I haven't been in, where you staying in Leiston or somewhere else ? Some lovely places close by me along the coast ,glad you had a good weekend.
We stayed near Southwold - lovely stretch of coast.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Tough home draw for Leiston, as Telford make the long trip to Suffolk next Tues eve. Step higher than us but feel we can beat them on home soil.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Went to Burgess Hill v Phoenix Sports last night. My first visit to Leylands Park which I can add to my growing list of really nice Sussex non-league grounds. Really good game, 2-0 to the Hillians with an incredibly spirited performance. That was a fun game to watch, loads of full on attacking, the occasional robust challenge and some decent defending on show from both sides too.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Thinking of going to a Lewes game. Can anybody tell me if they have a good team at moment.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Off to see Worthing v Bowers & Pitsea today, an early season top of the table clash. Match is being played at Horsham's new ground because Worthing have had to do some more remedial work on their 3G pitch.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Thinking of going to a Lewes game. Can anybody tell me if they have a good team at moment.

I'd be quick, not many tickets left.
And we're pretty bad, but did get a draw in midweek away at the leaders

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Billingshurst v Jersey Bulls in the FA Vase for us today.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Southwick 1882 v Stedh Ej6KOL5WsAEevb0.jpgam, Sussex Intermediate Cup First Round. Here's our new brand badge, on sale today price £3.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Going with 4 others to East Preston v Fisher FC in the FA vase today.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Good game at the Camping World Community Stadium with Worthing running out worthy winners 2-1 and thus to the top of the table

C31D1D5E-8B44-434D-A159-BDAFABDD8635_1_201_a.jpeg

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Billingshurst v Jersey Bulls in the FA Vase for us today.

Sadly Billingshurst’s European adventure ended with a 0-3 defeat to the Taureaux de Jersey. A well drilled, and well financed, team looked strongest from the beginning, and made it count with three goals in the second half.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Hitchin 2-2 Leiston, we were 2 up with 20 mins left, gave away a penalty and conceded from a corner. Still had an opportunity to win it but ball hit post rather than the net. Back home by 7-10 which makes a change in this league, it's one of our closer matches at 111miles each way!

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
First visit to Lewes for sometime. Lewis very lucky to win . Standard of football was terrible but nice ground and good crowd

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Managed to trek up to Bromley to see Cray Wanderers v Bishop’s Stortford Today, tidy little ground and a 3-1 win for Bishop’s Stortford, ground number 115 ticked off.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Managed to trek up to Bromley to see Cray Wanderers v Bishop’s Stortford Today, tidy little ground and a 3-1 win for Bishop’s Stortford, ground number 115 ticked off.

Good number of grounds that, I take it they're not all non league?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Good number of grounds that, I take it they're not all non league?

A few years at Huddersfield University certainly helped, I got to quite a few football league grounds done when I was up there, think I'm on about 70 ish football league grounds now. The Huddersfield University non league society sold it to me as cheap beer, watching poor quality football which was something I simply could not resist.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
A few years at Huddersfield University certainly helped, I got to quite a few football league grounds done when I was up there, think I'm on about 70 ish football league grounds now. The Huddersfield University non league society sold it to me as cheap beer, watching poor quality football which was something I simply could not resist.

Well I've just done a quick calculation and I've only been to 78, which is a little disappointing. They break down as 27 league, 42 non league& 9 highland league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here