Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Went to Steyning v Saltdean last night. Decent game, although I thought both teams rather cancelled each other. Saltdean got a slightly fortuitous goal in the first half and no matter what Steyning threw at them in the second half Saltdean just absorbed it, 0-1.

BTW Burgers were excellent and superb value, and enjoyed a couple of beers while watching the game. .

Disappointing result but I m not sure we deserved anything from the game.

BIG Match Saturday. FA Cup First Round. The long road to Wembley continues at home with a 3pm kickoff v Hanworth Villa FC. This Villa are based in south-west London and are bringing around 30 supporters so it should be a good atmosphere. As Superphil says the burgers are great - and the bar will be open.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Top of the table Aberystwyth Town take on Cardiff Met on Saturday, 14.00 kick off, see you all there .

Sadly no spectators allowed , but if you visit the same place on Sunday you can enjoy a lovely carvery for £6 , it was packed last weekend, it's a funny old world .

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Horsham v Harrow Borough

A decent piece from a decent blog :)

Despite my whining about not going to any games, I did make it to my first post-lockdown match on Saturday.

I actually headed beyond London's boundaries about 30 miles south of Shepherd's Bush to the Sussex town of Horsham where my favourite non-league side Harrow Borough were playing a friendly.

The hosts moved to a new stadium last season and it has since won awards so I was keen to visit.

However, the first and only problem is its location.

More>>>>>

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
BIG Match Saturday. FA Cup First Round. The long road to Wembley continues at home with a 3pm kickoff v Hanworth Villa FC. This Villa are based in south-west London and are bringing around 30 supporters so it should be a good atmosphere. As Superphil says the burgers are great - and the bar will be open.

Anyone at a loose end and wanting to watch some live football that matters - see you tomorrow. Up The Barrowmen.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
It was a proper football match at The Shooting Field (sorry Birchwood Ground). Over 200 there, including over 50 from Hanworth made for a proper atmosphere. Hanworth on another day would have romped home, but today belonged to The Barrowmen who took a 2-0 lead into the break, and then it was the Alamo in parts. Hanworth pulled one back with not long to go and after that grew more desperate as the ref refused to blow his whistle. A great day for the club who bank around £1500 for the win, and the tills were ringing. For a club that missed out on the football tournaments that make up a large part of its revenue - this means something,

Great to see supporter of local football Atilla at the match. Please support Southwick FC. Local football matters.

Up The Barrowmen.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Hawks exit the FA Cup 2-0 at Ashford United. But gutted really. But pleased to see other Sussex clubs progress.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It was a proper football match at The Shooting Field (sorry Birchwood Ground). Over 200 there, including over 50 from Hanworth made for a proper atmosphere. Hanworth on another day would have romped home, but today belonged to The Barrowmen who took a 2-0 lead into the break, and then it was the Alamo in parts. Hanworth pulled one back with not long to go and after that grew more desperate as the ref refused to blow his whistle. A great day for the club who bank around £1500 for the win, and the tills were ringing. For a club that missed out on the football tournaments that make up a large part of its revenue - this means something,

Hoping to get along to their next home cup game if I can.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Went to Saltdean v Uckfield today - Uckfield the better footballing side but Saltdean more direct...reasonable crowd c100 and a 1-1 draw a fair result.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
First Round Qualfying - Tuesday 22 September 2020
Winners receive £2,250. Losers £750.

Horsham v Kingstonian
Newhaven v Sevenoaks/Hounslow
Haywards Heath v Hanwell
Bedfont v Lewes
Crawley Down v Hendon
Hastings v Chesham
Steyning v Sheppey
East Grinstead v Worthing
South Park v Bognor
Cray Valley v Burgess Hill

Steyning - home to Sheppey. BIG match.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
First day of the Isthmian Southern season.

Hawks away at VCD Athletic.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Tough start of the season for Worthing, away to Folkstone. After harshly being denied promotion last year it would be nice to see Worthing make a real statement away to one of the clubs who will be battling for promotion alongside them this season.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Steyning at home to Bagshot in The Vase this afternoon.

Tomorrow first round of the Women’s FA Cup home to Worthing FC. 2pm ko. Big ask. Worthing are a good team. But it’s the Cup!

Tuesday home to Sheppey First Round Qualifying FA Cup. 7:45pm ko.

Three big matches.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Soon be leaving to watch Leiston v Rushall Olympic in Southern Premier. Tough start for us against a team who were in 5th place when season was holted, they have since signed Michael Kightly ex wolves winger

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Well we lost to an 80th minute goal to a very physical Rushall team. Typical for this league unfortunately. Young Matt Weaire played well ( may have seen my post on him ) makings of a good young talented team but difficult when you come up against these massive physical sides most weeks. Dissapointed to lose so late in the game after playing by far the better football but hey, we go again in the cup Tues night against Biggleswade .

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Tough start of the season for Worthing, away to Folkstone. After harshly being denied promotion last year it would be nice to see Worthing make a real statement away to one of the clubs who will be battling for promotion alongside them this season.
Won 2-1

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Steyning at home in the Vase today v Bagshot, 3-1 win with the last goal scored by the goalie with a lobbed bouncer over the Ryanesque Bagshot keeper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here