Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I went to Steyning v Newhaven today.
Ended 1-1, well taken goal for Steyning in the first half, Newhaven equalised with a penalty. Newhaven had another penalty saved near the end.
Man of the match was the Steyning keeper Jordan Hawkins, not just for the penalty save but stopped a few more decent shots.

Definitely enjoyed the visit to the Shooting Field, friendly club.

I am sure we will definitely take that point - this looks to be a season of consolidation in the division. Sorry to have missed it. Good to hear you enjoyed your visit.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
In other news we got knocked out the cup by the mighty Bowers and Pitsea . We are turd:lolol:

Yes one of the shocks of the round l guess. I've no idea what sort of side the Shots put out, but it seems to me that even teams from the top tiers of non league football aren't fielding full strength teams when playing sides from further down the pyramid in cup competitions.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
YMCA were at the Beacon on Saturday for a fixture against fellow bottom half of the table side, Hassocks. A high tempo game with both sets of players trying very hard, but ultimately it needs to be said that the quality was sadly lacking, with neither side showing much skill.

For the record YM came out on top with a scrappy 2-1 win, scoring early on from a Mark Pritchard-Cave shot, before Hassocks equalised after about an hour from the penalty spot. Tom Tolfrey won the game for YM with a deflected shot with ten minutes or so to go.

First win in eight games now to stop the rot, and ease the pressure on manager Dean Carden.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
This is good advice about Lewes being cashless.
I have just looked at the Lewes FC website and could not see any mention of this, I could see how to buy advanced tickets and prices for a recent U18s cup game.

I haven’t been to watch Lewes this season but I do think if they no longer take cash on the gate it should be made clearer on their site. Maybe I just wasn’t looking in the right place :shrug:

Point taken, I've passed that on

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Well they must be once in a while Borehamwood thuggish fans as in many meetings with them i've never seen anyone thuggish. Barnet are Barnet we wont open the end behind the goal for 300 away fans [not enough] so we'll put you in the stand on the side and charge £25:tosser: We have Barnet away 2 weeks time live on BT Sport . Thinking of missing it and watching at home . The area is completly barren of pubs aswell awful place . In other news we got knocked out the cup by the mighty Bowers and Pitsea . We are turd:lolol:

They treat Barnet as a chance to misbehave and we're not talking mouthy teenagers here. Most of the idiots were in their 30's or 40's, absolutely drunk, coked up and overweight. The Hive has to be the worst ground in the National League - everything that the Recreation ground isn't with good ticket prices, a cracking atmosphere, plenty of terracing and sensible stewarding at your place.

I really hope things pick up for Aldershot. It must be very tough now but as long as you still enjoy it and love following your club around the country, best of luck to you and also the Shots. :thumbsup:

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Yes one of the shocks of the round l guess. I've no idea what sort of side the Shots put out, but it seems to me that even teams from the top tiers of non league football aren't fielding full strength teams when playing sides from further down the pyramid in cup competitions.

It was a full strength team,the trouble is it's a Conference South team masquerading as a conference side .

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
They treat Barnet as a chance to misbehave and we're not talking mouthy teenagers here. Most of the idiots were in their 30's or 40's, absolutely drunk, coked up and overweight. The Hive has to be the worst ground in the National League - everything that the Recreation ground isn't with good ticket prices, a cracking atmosphere, plenty of terracing and sensible stewarding at your place.

I really hope things pick up for Aldershot. It must be very tough now but as long as you still enjoy it and love following your club around the country, best of luck to you and also the Shots. :thumbsup:

Cutting back this year on away days ,advance Train fares are crazy . 13 away days are on the Network Railcard so will do them .

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Headed to Havant and Waterlooville against Torquay on Wednesday for their FA Cup Replay, a chance for one of them to have a tie with Charlton away in the next round.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Headed to Havant and Waterlooville against Torquay on Wednesday for their FA Cup Replay, a chance for one of them to have a tie with Charlton away in the next round.
Planning on heading to this game aswell if circumstances allow.
Tonight I'm off to Littlehampton v Broadbridge Heath to see if the table toppers can get back to winning ways after two 3.3 draws in succession.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Planning on heading to this game aswell if circumstances allow.
Tonight I'm off to Littlehampton v Broadbridge Heath to see if the table toppers can get back to winning ways after two 3.3 draws in succession.

I'll be popping up the road for this one later, too. Expecting a closer game than the reverse (cup) fixture back in August which ended 6-2 to Littlehampton, although I was speaking to one of the players earlier and it sounds like some of their injuries are beginning to clear up. They were less than impressive on Saturday in throwing away a 3-1 lead against 10-man Eastbourne Town. Getting very tight at the top of the table now.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
2911 fans at the Bob Lucas Stadium tonight, for the FA Cup replay between fierce rivals Weymouth and Yeovil Town. It’s gone into extra time, having finished 1-1 after 90 minutes.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Scrappy but important 3-2 win for Littlehampton at home to Broadbridge Heath tonight in a 'full-blooded' affair. Definitely not up to their early season standards, but grinding out the results. Another two for Joe Benn tonight, he must be closing in on 30 for the season now.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Scrappy but important 3-2 win for Littlehampton at home to Broadbridge Heath tonight in a 'full-blooded' affair. Definitely not up to their early season standards, but grinding out the results. Another two for Joe Benn tonight, he must be closing in on 30 for the season now.

Thought Littlehampton just about deserved the 3 points in what was a rather scrappy and physical game although both goals, 1 each, in the 2nd half were very well created and finished.
The home side can count themselves fortunate to finish with 11 men after their 4 was booked for a tangle from a corner and then minutes later clattered through the back of a Heath player but the referee surprisingly , much to the annoyance of the Heath bench, didn't issue a 2nd yellow. The 4 was subbed off shortly after.
I agree that Littlehampton were not up to the standard I have seen them play at earlier this season. Injuries playing a part and if they don't improve their discipline then suspensions will come into play sooner rather than later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here