Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Just £2.50 if you show your brighton season ticket

Thing is I gave up my Albion ST this year as I've become disillusioned with the Prem and especially VAR which for me has totally ruined the spontaneity associated with the game and is the primary reason for me deciding to have a change of scene. I've even dropped my Sky Sports membership too.

I will always follow the Albion but would much prefer to be standing pitch side watching local players than sadly watching what the Prem has become.

Looking forward to the new season and regular football on Saturdays. Come on Shoreham!

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Thing is I gave up my Albion ST this year as I've become disillusioned with the Prem and especially VAR which for me has totally ruined the spontaneity associated with the game and is the primary reason for me deciding to have a change of scene. I've even dropped my Sky Sports membership too.

I will always follow the Albion but would much prefer to be standing pitch side watching local players than sadly watching what the Prem has become.

Looking forward to the new season and regular football on Saturdays. Come on Shoreham!

I quite often do Shoreham away games too. You should try that! Going to Arundel on the 14th

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Newhaven 2 - 2 Whitehawk

Very competitive friendly, Newhaven well worth the draw. Cheap beer. Dodgy burgers. Great view

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Do we need an amalgam of two of NSC's best threads i.e. a Non-league ground/Restaurant 2021 thread?

The chunky chips at Whitehawk last weekend were 9/10

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Do we need an amalgam of two of NSC's best threads i.e. a Non-league ground/Restaurant 2021 thread?

Have they still got the local fried chicken place doing food there?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Also the view from the main stand at the Trafalgar Ground in Newhaven is absolutely stonking, if you haven't been. I really recommend it, and will definitely be going back.

Next up for me is Hawks v Worthing on Saturday, where thanks to [MENTION=1905]Jesus Gul[/MENTION] I'll be all over the chunky chips like a tramp on... chips.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Also the view from the main stand at the Trafalgar Ground in Newhaven is absolutely stonking, if you haven't been. I really recommend it, and will definitely be going back.

It's quite a sight being there when a ferry comes in to dock.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

I would argue that the absolute winner for the food at footy award goes to the ladies inn the food hut at Worthing FC for their combo dish of chilli beef and cheesy chips - once tasted, never bettered.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I would argue that the absolute winner for the food at footy award goes to the ladies inn the food hut at Worthing FC for their combo dish of chilli beef and cheesy chips - once tasted, never bettered.

Shout out needs to go to Crowborough. The first team are sponsored by the local butchers are the sausages and burgers are superb.

Also the in ground bar has Good Things Brewing (who need all the help they can get at the moment!) beers on draft, Harveys best and a selection of bottled Harveys and bignoseandbeardy local cider.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Shout out needs to go to Crowborough. The first team are sponsored by the local butchers are the sausages and burgers are superb.

Also the in ground bar has Good Things Brewing (who need all the help they can get at the moment!) beers on draft, Harveys best and a selection of bottled Harveys and bignoseandbeardy local cider.

There was some dubious (some may say creative) advertising last time I went to Crowborough
WhatsApp Image 2021-07-28 at 13.00.34.jpeg

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Didn't realise until last night that Newhaven's colours were same as Melchester Rovers!!

Smart!

but bettered by Whitehawk away kit which is a thing of beauty matching the shimmering azure of the water in Newhaven dock...ok maybe not

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-28 at 13.26.41.jpeg

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
BIG match tomorrow night at Steyning Town 7:45pm ko. The John Brown Trophy - an annual pre-season fixture with Upper Beeding. John Brown is a person all clubs need to survive - he looks after the grounds and just gets on with stuff.

Also we will be remembering a young lad Ollie Rolfe who played in the younger age groups and, at the age of 21, last week took his own life. Ollie's family will be at the match. All gate proceeds will go towards the Samaritans in line with his families wishes . (Entry £5 adults , £1 U18s). Be kind to people.

4-0 to Steyning. I think pre-season preparations a bit further along than Upper Beeding. A minute's applause to celebrate the life of Ollie Rolfe. The family were in attendance. Over £750 raised for the Samaritans.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Heading back to the Theatre of Trees for the first time in ten years today, to watch Littlehampton's first game back the County League Premier Division at AFC Varndeanians. Was quietly confident about The Marigold's chances this term, on the back of two dominant seasons in Division One, but then the manager resigned out of the blue a fortnight ago and they've got two players running the side, which sounds a bit 'Sunday League' to me.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here