Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Have to say I’m quite tempted by Seaford as it’s a new ground, 75 games for the season now, should be to 100 by January some time, I use the train to these games, so Crowborough is a bit of a trek on a Tuesday, will have to do it on a Saturday.

You'd probably be able to get there.....getting home may be an issue though. That said the 29 bus runs quite late.

Fair play on the game count. I did 70 odd games one season and thought that was impressive to have smashed that before Christmas is unreal.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Cracking local Derby tonight Aberystwyth v Newtown 2-4 a shortsighted ref a linesman colliding with a dog a player kicks the ball into the car park and goes to get it himself, a 16 man scrap no handbags, all for £6.50 plus a pie ! Lovely stuff.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Cracking local Derby tonight Aberystwyth v Newtown 2-4 a shortsighted ref a linesman colliding with a dog a player kicks the ball into the car park and goes to get it himself, a 16 man scrap no handbags, all for £6.50 plus a pie ! Lovely stuff.

Do they sell half season tickets? :)

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Littlehampton through to the 4th Round of the FA Vase for the first time since their infamous cup run of 1990-1. A hard fought 1-0 win against tournament favourites Sheppey yesterday in front of just under 300 fans at The Sportsfield. Marigolds installed as joint 4th favourites for the FA Vase by BetVictor - could a trip to Wembley be on the cards!? Draw released at 1pm tomorrow.....

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Littlehampton through to the 4th Round of the FA Vase for the first time since their infamous cup run of 1990-1. A hard fought 1-0 win against tournament favourites Sheppey yesterday in front of just under 300 fans at The Sportsfield. Marigolds installed as joint 4th favourites for the FA Vase by BetVictor - could a trip to Wembley be on the cards!? Draw released at 1pm tomorrow.....

To be played 15 Jan. I've already booked it in with Mrs MBH (pending the draw; it goes national at this stage, right?)

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
To be played 15 Jan. I've already booked it in with Mrs MBH (pending the draw; it goes national at this stage, right?)

I've been trying to find that out, but I don't think it goes fully national until the semi finals judging from previous years. They seem to reduce the number of zones as the competition evolves.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
I've been trying to find that out, but I don't think it goes fully national until the semi finals judging from previous years. They seem to reduce the number of zones as the competition evolves.

Littlehampton away to Athletic Newham, who play in East London

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Littlehampton away to Athletic Newham, who play in East London

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decent draw on the face of it, looks like Newham have scraped through the competition so far and had never previously been past the first round. Sets up a pretty spectacular weekend for me, with the Palace game on the Friday night and the Vase game the next day. Provided Covid doesn't come into play, of course.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Decent draw on the face of it, looks like Newham have scraped through the competition so far and had never previously been past the first round. Sets up a pretty spectacular weekend for me, with the Palace game on the Friday night and the Vase game the next day. Provided Covid doesn't come into play, of course.

One reason that they have never previously been beyond the first round could be because Athletic Newham didn't exist prior to six years ago!

A favourable draw indeed though. Come on you Marigolds.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Heading off down to Chichester City Tonight in the Senior Cup, have got some back up if the Wolves game is cancelled, all a bit of a juggling act now with COVID, about which game to go to.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Sussex FA RUR Charity Cup tonight. Are the Golds likely to be resting players for this?

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Sussex FA RUR Charity Cup tonight. Are the Golds likely to be resting players for this?

Generally speaking they have fielded a relatively stong side this season irrespective of the competition/opposition. We've not got another game until Dec 27th, so I would expect a similar approach tonight. Joe Benn will be keen to add to his haul, I should imagine, so I'd expect him to start. Obviously I don't have any inside info about possible Covid omissions, though, which is becoming increasingly relevant sadly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here