Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Great day out I thought (pre-match in the Thomas Kemp still quite a trek from there) and quality of football better than this newbie expected - full house of 400 - draw for the next round just taken place...Cray Wanderers (h) up next

Excellent. I hope [MENTION=37258]Hawks and Seagulls[/MENTION] gives us the heads up for that one like he did for this one.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Will be making the lengthy trip from the South Coast for that one. Haven't played Leiston for a few seasons now.
Assume the capacity will be 400? Do Leiston sell tickets in advance do you know?

600 capacity, should imagine it'll be potg. I'll let you know if I hear any different.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
F7841332-422A-485E-9236-CBCAAB6A4F4E.jpeg

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Went down to Eastbourne Town on Saturday with a few friends from work, nice little set up, with a bar of course the most important facility. 3-1 Win for Eastbourne Town with a wonder strike from Lancing to go ahead then some suspect goal keeping for Lancing for Eastbourne's second, but the sort of diabolical comedy defending I go to non league to see. Going to Lewes Tonight in the 'fries' stand and Bexhill United at the weekend. Hopefully get the whole county league ticked off before the end of the season.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
live round the corner from the ground and have been to a few games this year. Unfortunately a 7:30 kick off is a nightmare for anyone with young kids!

All KOs brought forward as the clubhouses have to close at 10pm. You missed a tough old game. Steyning won 2-0 and deserved it, creating the better chances. EP had some good individuals but not the guile to create chances. When you watch football at the Amex and on 3G you forget how bumpy many grass pitches are.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Went to Lewes v Merstham tonight, with [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] and another friend. An extraordinarily bad game of football, settled by a dubious penalty for Lewes which was the only shot on target for either team, and just about the only shot at all.

Despite this, a great evening, drinking quality craft beer on one of the most beautiful terraces that I have ever been on, after lovely food in the Lewes Arms.

I am enjoying this non-league thing.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Went to Lewes v Merstham tonight, with [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] and another friend. An extraordinarily bad game of football, settled by a dubious penalty for Lewes which was the only shot on target for either team, and just about the only shot at all.

Despite this, a great evening, drinking quality craft beer on one of the most beautiful terraces that I have ever been on, after lovely food in the Lewes Arms.

How did our 2nd-year scholar Jack Leahy play?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Newport Isle of Wight v Bashley in the Wessex League Cup. Cracking game, Newport’s down the 10 men after a quarter of an hour. Surprisingly they scored twice from corners and looked comfy at halftime. Second half was a bit tougher but they held their own till around 70mins when Bashley got a deserved goal. Then it swung again to Newport but try as the night they just couldn’t get a third. 89th minute what looked like a certain penalty to Newport was waved away by the ref and the breakaway allowed Bashley to equalise. Cue 4 minutes injury time. Bashley peppered the goal and after about 8 minutes they got their third. Referees watch must be similar to the one The ref had for our game against Man Utd.
All in all ad bit disappointing, Newport should have won it, and ended up out of the cup.

A really enjoyable game, plenty of effort, end to end stuff, lots of energy.

And ground number 145 for me.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

I was standing by the “fries” hut when this penalty was given, this penalty was 100% outside the area, shocking decision, from someone who was supporting Lewes. Not surprised the Mertsham lad was sent off protesting, dreadful, dreadful decision.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

He drank a lot of 'quality craft beer'. :)

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Yep I can confirm that last night at Lewes was absolutely spiffing. Spanked through some delicious beers on a surprisingly balmy evening. I'm a bit in love with Ronnie Conlan now as well.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
All KOs brought forward as the clubhouses have to close at 10pm. You missed a tough old game. Steyning won 2-0 and deserved it, creating the better chances. EP had some good individuals but not the guile to create chances. When you watch football at the Amex and on 3G you forget how bumpy many grass pitches are.

yeh I totally get that, bit of a shame but there you go

EP aren't looking great this year to be honest- a couple of decent players as you say

Their pitch isn't great there either, very bumpy like you mentioned.

I do LOVE the clubhouse though. Proper old school and as it's essentially a social club there's all sorts of niche drinks

"I'll get this round in lads- same again? Tia Maria's all round yeh?"

"actually mate, can I have a Malibu?"

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Yep I can confirm that last night at Lewes was absolutely spiffing. Spanked through some delicious beers on a surprisingly balmy evening. I'm a bit in love with Ronnie Conlan now as well.
Conlan is excellent, still getting to full fitness though and the only real craft we have at the mo

Rock Lobster

Dec 2, 2010
Hastings
Watched Hastings beat Three Bridges 3-1 in an entertaining game. Anyone reading the twitter updates would've thought it was a dirty game with three red cards, but it really wasn't, got a tad feisty near the end but nothing major.

Another good result for Hastings who go 2nd.
Didn't understand Three Bridges tactic of passing out from the back, when they continually gave the ball away doing so.
Hopeless officials, summed in the second half when the Hastings right back made a perfectly legit tackle, Hastings striker gets booked, ref rescinds booking and books the right back.
Should be a tougher challenge for Hastings on Saturday away to Sevenoaks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here