Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Hopefully watching Leiston v AFC Telford, been raining most of the day but pitch passed earlier inspection at 1-30 . Fingers crossed we can get it played.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
anyone know when Worthing are due to move back to Woodside Road? Will aim to get along as much as I can but not sure I fancy trecking to Horsham to do so

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Well I've just done a quick calculation and I've only been to 78, which is a little disappointing. They break down as 27 league, 42 non league& 9 highland league.

I was planning a trip up to scotland on 14th March this year to tick off a Lowland League game and a Hibs game with a friend and my final unversity loan payment, sadly COVID put an end to that and I ended up at Bradford Park Avenue. The Scottish Non League and Lower League circuit is something that has always interested me, but never really had the chance to visit.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
I was planning a trip up to scotland on 14th March this year to tick off a Lowland League game and a Hibs game with a friend and my final unversity loan payment, sadly COVID put an end to that and I ended up at Bradford Park Avenue. The Scottish Non League and Lower League circuit is something that has always interested me, but never really had the chance to visit.

I lived on the the N/E coast of Scotland for 5 yrs, just outside of Banff which is home to the mighty Deveronvale :lol: so followed them for a few years .

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
anyone know when Worthing are due to move back to Woodside Road? Will aim to get along as much as I can but not sure I fancy trecking to Horsham to do so
Most of the fans I have spoken to seem to think mid November, hopefully in time for Cray at home on the 21st. However the club would need to stage a game with a 300 capacity before it can be increased to the current maximum of 600.
New pitch is meant to take 4 weeks to lay and work is due start around October 14th.
Whether the season will still be going by then is anyone's guess though!!

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
What a great win for Leiston tonight knocking out AFC Telford 9-8 on penalties after a very entertaining 0-0 draw. Played some fantastic football especially 1st half. Looking forward to the draw on Thurs lunchtime.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Well I got my wish of a home draw, we're at home to Barnet . I see Eastbourne have also got a home tie against Dulwich Hamlet.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Come Saturday I think Hassocks v Horley Town will be beckoning. Anyone else thinking of going to a local game this w/e?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Pilot Field, Hastings United v FC Romania in the F A Trophy for me. £12 entry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Just seen in County League are 2 Eastbourne teams Town and Utd and of course there is Borough in higher division. I know one plays at the Saffrons . Where does the other one play

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Just seen in County League are 2 Eastbourne teams Town and Utd and of course there is Borough in higher division. I know one plays at the Saffrons . Where does the other one play

United play at the Oval Channel View Rd, Eastbourne BN22 7LN

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
F641D20F-1A3D-43E8-8578-119480E1C4EF.jpeg

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Back from watching my local side Horsham smash Brightlingsea Regent 4:0 in the Isthmian Premier League.

Standard was better than I expected. I think the 4G pitch helps. Referee looked about 12 years old. I think they are like policemen or maybe its just me.

Did not win on the raffle so just like the Albion Hat Trick card in that respect.

Attendance was a 600 sell out so i presume they are picking up other refugees.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Steyning 5 Eastbourne United 0.

As comprehensive a win as you could hope to see. Controlled the game and took our chances. Bottle of Hepworth’s Prospect. Decent crowd. One of those wins that injects confidence for the season.

Followed by the U13 girls v Hassocks under the floodlights. The players and parents all enjoying themselves - with the bar and kitchen open. That really is what local football is all about.

The new floodlights looked bright as well.

Up The Barrowmen.

Met a couple of local fellow season ticket holders taking in the game. They say they’ll be back,

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Hassocks v Horley Town at The Beacon

Great game full of attacking football but alas for Hassocks mostly in one direction .... final score 8-0 to Horely who go to the top of the table and look a class above - men against boys, and could've been several more for Horley if they'd been more clinical. Hassock's cause not helped by 2 red cards from the diminutive and rather poor referee and a decent crowd, probably c150.

1EC4DA1D-08DC-4C52-ABAB-A2D69C1FE14F_1_201_a.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here